U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
 
33 posts, read 29,637 times
Reputation: 22

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Really, it's just the job situation? Your posts consist of nothing but lists of the things you dislike - you don't like London. You don't like UK weather. You don't like NC weather. You don't like Raleigh. You don't like the museums here. You don't like beaches. You don't like golf. You don't like golf courses. And on and on ... a constant stream of negatives and dumping on everything around you. I'm with rnc2mbfl - I hope you find happiness somewhere, 'cause you surely aren't happy here.
You have twisted and incorrectly portrayed my words/feelings/views, but I will not waste my time correcting you, given your waste of space posting.

I was asked about and responded to certain things.
Its not my fault if the things people suggest do not suit me or my view of them are not favorable - am I supposed to like everything?

If you read, which you haven't, my other contributions, you will see that your hastily produced and knee-jerk response, which was not required of you, is quite erroneous.

 
Old 04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
 
5,265 posts, read 10,519,696 times
Reputation: 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowview View Post
I agree. It is different but that's one of the reason we came here.
We didn't want to live in another London.
My main problem living here is that there are no jobs now or when we arrived here 3 years ago.



Myrtle Beach is a not a possibility for now (were not really beachy-people too).
FYI - Golf is a total bore and a criminal waste of land.
I don't know how it ever got classified as a sport. Making a cuppa has more action for me.

We aren't looking to meet Brits I'm afraid - they're not for us that's why we are not there (sorry!).

We don't know what is "great" about Raleigh. Can you tell me?
To us its a so-so place, nothing really great but nothing very bad either.
We don't like extremes of weather or anything like UK weather, so we can't consider places like Boston, Minnesota, etc and Florida/Louisiana, etc, and desert-type places.
We're thinking about Virginia or Missouri, but just looking right now.
We thought this state would be fine given that its in the middle-ish but it hotter for most of the year than we thought it would be.

Ok I can understand and to a point agree that the Raleigh area is overrated by the press and many realtors and all of that and that there isn't a whole lot (besides the top notch college sports) unique to the area; but from this description it sounds like you really wouldn't be happy anywhere. The only place in the US that has weather it seems you would enjoy is California; where it is outrageously expensive and the economy is probably one of the worst in the country. Maybe you should contact the folks at Walgreens and ask them were that town "Perfect" is that they always show in their commercials?
 
Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Knightdale, NC
3,641 posts, read 4,035,372 times
Reputation: 3014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowview View Post
I agree. It is different but that's one of the reason we came here.
We didn't want to live in another London.
My main problem living here is that there are no jobs now or when we arrived here 3 years ago.



Myrtle Beach is a not a possibility for now (were not really beachy-people too).
FYI - Golf is a total bore and a criminal waste of land.
I don't know how it ever got classified as a sport. Making a cuppa has more action for me.

We aren't looking to meet Brits I'm afraid - they're not for us that's why we are not there (sorry!).

We don't know what is "great" about Raleigh. Can you tell me?
To us its a so-so place, nothing really great but nothing very bad either.
We don't like extremes of weather or anything like UK weather, so we can't consider places like Boston, Minnesota, etc and Florida/Louisiana, etc, and desert-type places.
We're thinking about Virginia or Missouri, but just looking right now.
We thought this state would be fine given that its in the middle-ish but it hotter for most of the year than we thought it would be.
Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought you were Brits, are you not? I thought you were until I read your response saying you didn't want to be in London around them. First, I'm from the North, Lancs, so I am not at all offended that you don't like London. However, while I don't like living in big cities, if one does, then London is a great place.

To be honest, this post, and I thought this about some of your others, looks like someone is having us on. Have you been winding us up for the fun of it? Which is scary, because if you are not, then you have to be the most miserable sod I've ever run into - either side of the Atlantic. Is there ANYTHING you like? Don't answer, b/c I do believe you are winding us up.

If not, if you came here 3 yrs ago, just before our economy went sour, and you weren't happy with the job situation then, well, the news is, it won't get any better than that! I doubt you'll find anywhere on the place of the earth that will satisfy you.
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
 
33 posts, read 29,637 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Maybe you should contact the folks at Walgreens and ask them were that town "Perfect" is that they always show in their commercials?
Sarcasm is.....
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
 
449 posts, read 487,306 times
Reputation: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowview View Post
Not miserable. I like plenty, but that is not the subject of this thread.



I'm sorry to read your 'orrible post but glad that you did so I know better who you are.

You seem quite shallow to respond in the way you have..

FYI - You don't have to read or respond to anything on these forums.
It's your free choice.

Speaking as a fellow UKer, and one who has (a lot) of criticisms of Raleigh-Durham ... you are an embarrassment.

Top tip: people in the UK like to whinge about everything, all the time. Everyone knows the score and enjoys it, including me. Americans (for whatever reason) prefer life sunnier.

chwboy
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
1,545 posts, read 2,786,995 times
Reputation: 1131
What does whinge mean? Is it whine? and is it pronounced differently? I've seen that around places, and I don't get it.
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
 
449 posts, read 487,306 times
Reputation: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
What does whinge mean? Is it whine? and is it pronounced differently? I've seen that around places, and I don't get it.
Dictionary entry. (http://tinyurl.com/yavnksm - broken link)

chwboy
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
 
11,151 posts, read 9,618,008 times
Reputation: 18540
And I think we're done -- thanks, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top