Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM

285 posts, read 836,384 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone - happy Good Friday (for those who it off work!)

Well I succumbed to the marketing hype and pre-ordered an iPad to pick up from Crabtree Valley Mall tomorrow. I was expecting to be able to walk in and get it, but from speaking to some friends they're telling me to expect long lines and waiting - which is not my strong point!

Has anyone got any experience of how long these are likely to be. Of course, nobody knows for sure, but any experience based on iPhones or any other marketing hype from Apple that fools like me bought into
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,872 times
It will be CRAZY! It will be really long. I'll be waiting until August for my birthday to get one. Make sure you bring something to keep you occupied in line and GOOD LUCK!

-I bought an iPhone right before the new one came out and it was still a bit of a wait. My boyfriend got the new one a few days after it came out and we waited about an hour at Southpoint.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM

aww man - seriously? We talking hours then? If I got there at 9-10am, would I be out by lunchtime? I quite want one, but not wasting half a day on it!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 AM

345 posts, read 1,060,259 times
I'd get over there right now!! Take some s'mores, and send us updates from your i-phone, please!! Kidding...I hate it for you. Maybe it won't be all that bad.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM

I'll give it an hour tops then!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM

251 posts, read 515,150 times
My husband ordered one for his birthday tomorrow but opted to have it shipped to the house...I'd bring supplies if you plan on standing in line. Last time Apple came out with something new last year, we went to the mall for other things and the line was loooooooooooong! Good luck!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 AM

675 posts, read 1,833,139 times
Long lines if you pre-ordered? Really? I can see if you're trying to just buy from the stock onhand, but it would seem if you pre-ordered, you would just be able to show your proof of purchase and move through relatively quick. But I never buy anything tech toys on launch anyway. I usually wait for the early adopters to find all the bugs, and for the first price break

Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,137 times
I'm just going to tape together 4 iPod touches. Then at least I can listen to pandora while I browse the web.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,158,387 times
i dont like macs. im happy with my ipod. i certainly dont want a giant ipod that i cant use most places, and i dont want a little computer that i have to type on a touchscreen. this seems like the stupidest invention, but because it has that piece of fruit on it everyone will want one.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
i dont like macs. im happy with my ipod. i certainly dont want a giant ipod that i cant use most places, and i dont want a little computer that i have to type on a touchscreen. this seems like the stupidest invention, but because it has that piece of fruit on it everyone will want one.
you're probably right, but I am a sucker for gadgets! That said, people just hating "Apple" for what they are seems a bit odd to me - I've only just got my first mac and it's been a learning curve (often frustrating!). However I can recognize intelligent design when I see it, and I respect them for that - even if it is lacking in some areas

That said, queuing up for hours ain't my idea of fun, and I'll just wait if the lines are mad!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary