Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times

Advertisements

Our City-Data Meetup is scheduled for Saturday May 8th from 2-4 at the LoneRider Brewing Company in Raleigh!

Information
LoneRider has a nice little tasting bar and open space with lots of room to mingle. They don't serve food or have any other beverages except for the beer they brew onsite. They sell pints of beer for $3 and take both cash and credit/debit cards. They typically have about 4 beers on tap to choose from. You can view some pictures I posted from a recent trip here to get an idea of how it is set up.

They have plenty of easy parking in the gravel lot in front of the brewery and the brewery itself is easily accessible from I-540. I'll have name tags on hand to help everyone put some faces with city-data names. This meetup is open to any city-data members and their significant others and anyone else you want to bring, but please remember they must be at least 21.

If there is enough interest I would be happy to look into holding another meetup later this summer at another location that would work for those not interested in having beers.

Directions
LoneRider Brewing Company ~ 8816 Gulf Court #100, Raleigh, NC. Click here to map out directions to their location.

Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or send me a DM. I look forward to seeing you at the meetup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,720,841 times
got it on my calendar..thank you for arranging NRG..still have name tags left over from our very first meet-ups I can bring

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM

449 posts, read 699,855 times
Smile I hope to be there...

... maybe I can talk DH into joining us.

Ummm, beer...

Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Ok, so far we have the following tentatively (I know some of you are still 50/50) attending based on the other thread:

Me (for sure)
Mike Jaquish
Saluki Lover
Weblackey
Francois
Guccilittlepiggie
zhatzman28
MAtoNC
Tootie the Brave
Magic Happens
Saucy Aussie
RDSLOTS
Calvitts
mjb29
Chellemi808
CYB
TurborgP

Who else thinks they may come? I know things come up, plans change ect... but go ahaead and RSVP here. It isn't necessary to attend, but I think it would be fun to get a general idea of how many people may show up!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-14-2010 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Corrected one name

Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,234 times
Eloyfan & wife, better than 50% chance!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Just be sure to try to get there reasonably on time...last time, I was over 45 minutes late and I was the first one there! Poor NRG was about to give up on everyone! It's especially hard when you don't even know what "your crowd" look like, to find them

Old 04-13-2010, 04:02 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
If you have one in the summer in June or July I will definitely consider attending. I will once again spend most of my summer in the area and would like to attend one of these meet ups.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 AM

246 posts, read 627,190 times
I don't post as much as I used to but I always love the opportunity to go to a brewery!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
I'm tentatively planning on coming. Please add me to the list.

One problem I always run into is how to identify the group and/or host? I've been to several of these types of events where I've had to walk around the room and ask "Are you with the City-Data group ...No?... Are YOU with the City-Data group?" (and repeat). I feel pretty stupid asking everyone, and it makes me feel like I'm in high school, getting rejected by the cool people again.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
One problem I always run into is how to identify the group and/or host? I've been to several of these types of events where I've had to walk around the room and ask "Are you with the City-Data group ...No?... Are YOU with the City-Data group?" (and repeat). I feel pretty stupid asking everyone, and it makes me feel like I'm in high school, getting rejected by the cool people again.
Don't worry, no cool people post on City-Data (LOL!! ).

But yes, this is a problem, and I had the same issue when I went to the last one of these--even more so because nobody was there yet except NRG, so I was looking for a "group", not a "guy sitting by himself wondering WTF everybody was?" He did have name tags, though I don't think he had one on yet. But I did do that "wander from group to group looking expectant, waiting for someone to ask if I was with them" thing you mention

NRG, can you make a sign/table tent or something, saying "City-Data Meetup" or similar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary