U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 AM

1,465 posts, read 2,202,524 times
there are lots of roaming dogs as you get a little further out in the rural areas and try being on a bike when one of these critters is chasing you. You're right...it isn't the dogs fault but careless owners who really have no regard for their animals if they are risking their lives by running into streets and potentially getting hit...just boggles my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 AM

625 posts, read 910,507 times
Our dog has been approached/attacked many times in Morehead Hill/Forest Hills in Durham. People are so daft when it comes to their dogs. They always say "Oh, he's/she's friendly" but what they don't realize (or care about) is my dog isn't and doesn't like to be approached when she's on a leash.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,319,179 times
We have three dogs, of different types and sizes, and they are always on-leash if we are walking them, but if we are in the yard, the dogs are not on-leash. We know the neighborhood, our neighbors, and the dogs well-enough, however, to not be outdoors with ours at certain times of the day. Too much traffic -- cars, or kids on foot walking home from school, or other dog owners walking theirs.

I am in favor of dogs on-leashes when being walked, in public areas, etc., but even two dogs on leashes, with their owners, is no guarantee there won't be a problem of some sort. Ours are not aggressive but we have most certainly met some dogs, and their owners, who were most aggressive. I never take my 'boys' to a dog park for that reason.

Sometimes, you just have to wonder why some people choose to have pets (or children, for that matter). Most of us are responsible, I think, but it is always the inconsiderate, self-centered, or downright stupid, few who make it miserable for everyone else. Saddest thing is, they wouldn't even recognize themselves!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 390 times
I have a big problem with my neighbor dog, the door is opened, the dog walk around freely and unleashed, come in fornt of my home and turn around and make it either way. They pretend did not see the present I just received, do not clean after several days. The association will send a letter. a lot of other neighbors unleash their dogs to bark at other neighbours. We do not want to antagonize anyone , but we are getting sick of this behavior. Shoud people have a respect for others. Shoud they worry about dog deposits at their door sterps forso many days. Sometimes visiting kids step of the gift. Deposits are left for long time behind the dumpster, God mercey. What should we do....

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM

5,783 posts, read 5,796,702 times
We have been here 5 months, and I have seen more unleashed dogs in this neighborhood than I had ever seen in 11 years in my prior neighborhood in Virginia. It seems like everyone has one or two dogs and many let them run outside a bit without a leash (while the owner is out there). Or they take their dogs on walks and have a leash but unleash the dog at some point. We've already had to call owners once because their dog came into our yard. And I see a posting on our listserv probably once every week or two about a dog that got away. It is crazy! I have never seen anything like it!

Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,811,818 times
No problems here to speak of. There's a rental property next to me, and only occasionally one of the dogs will jump over the gate. All in all, we have responsible pet owners here in North Hills....including the many dog owners up at The Lassiter.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,740,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappyangle View Post
I have a big problem with my neighbor dog, the door is opened, the dog walk around freely and unleashed, come in fornt of my home and turn around and make it either way. They pretend did not see the present I just received, do not clean after several days.
Get a motion activated sprinkler that sprays the dog any time it wanders onto your lawn.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:50 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,141,726 times
We have a place at the beach in a very HOA controlled neighborhood, which I love!

Neighbor got notice that his Time Warner truck shouldn't be parked in front of his house and maybe not even on his driveway. He freaks out. Yes, that is written in the HOA docs that he agreed to at closing. So, he is arguing with the HOA. HOA sends us letter asking how we feel about his truck. We say it is ok with us.

However, neighbor knows we aren't at the beach house full time so when we do show up, his truck is not only parked in front of our house but it is ON OUR GRASS!

So, I politely knock on his door and ask him to move his truck. He moves it off the grass but still in front of my house.

I also notice he allows his dog out without a leash (HUGE DOG) and it poops on my yard. Since we aren't there full time, there were HUGE PILES of poop.

So now, I'm thinking this guy is just an IDIOT because he doesn't realize that the neighbors who are on his side (about his truck being parked in HIS DRIVEWAY) are now being annoyed because he is parking his truck in front of our homes and on our grass. Neighbors want to call the HOA but I convince them to talk to him FIRST.

Of course, he becomes OBNOXIOUS when neighbors confront him about truck and dog. Says it is the fault of the HOA for being so strict.

Grrrrrr.

Some people are just downright inconsiderate and I think if people allow their dogs to do this, it isn't the fault of the dog.

Vicki

Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 AM

3,556 posts, read 9,162,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
.....my immediate next door neighbor does let their dog out to potty off leash. This leads to me finding "presents" on my front lawn and in my flower beds. This makes me really angry since I have three large dogs and NEVER let them go the bathroom in other people's yards. I'd love to do something "official" about it, but don't really want to start a war with my neighbor either.
You can always scoop it up and toss it back where it belongs. Who's to say if it hits the grass.... ;p

Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 AM

8,824 posts, read 9,693,658 times
We had this problem in our neighborhood a couple of months ago. Someone took mug shots of the offending pooches and posted them on the community website. It was hilarious - and solved the problem.

My neighbor's dog sometimes gets into our yard but we don't complain because sometimes our kids get into his yard and HE doesn't complain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary