Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,598 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are preparing to move to the Triangle area and we'd like some advice. We're looking to rent a decent house 2 bed and 2 bath (we've got twins). My fiance is a Academic Advisor and I'm a Program Coordinator in Sales.

We need jobs, we need a house for rent, we need a good school, I'm not sure what the transportation situation is like so I know we're going to need a car. We were planning on settling here in Memphis but the opportunities here are just too scarce, the crime too high...its just depressing.

Is Raleigh a good place to start over? Is it possible to find an you find work in 1-2 mos??? My twins went to the Snowden School here in Memphis, one of the best schools period in Memphis...What are ther "good" public elementary schools?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 AM

185 posts, read 990,903 times
put your resume on websites like monster & stuff. my husband did that and found recruiters that way. have the recruiters help you find a job or at least start looking for one before you move. even in the best job market there's no guarantees.

i've heard rumors that triangle park isn't a great place for marketing majors though. wish you best of luck. we're working with recruiters to find work too, but we won't move till we have a job in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary