Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 PM

75 posts, read 336,151 times

Advertisements

Hello. My family's moving to Cary this summer, and we're looking for a nice (upscale) dog kennel for our 2 dogs. Little bit of background.....we're from Western PA and are very fortunate to have a great kennel nearby called the "Cozy Inn Pet Resort". It has an indoor swimming poor, large outdoor play areas, and large individual pens......I'm guessing about 10'x4' or 12'x4'. They take the dogs out 8-9 times a day , for about 15 mins each time. So, the dogs don't just sit around indoors in a cramped little pen. Boarding runs about $30 / day per dog, plus more if you purchase additional activities.

Needless to say, our dogs love the place....and we've become used to the amenities they offer. I've searched the RTP forum for prior posts on kennels. The best place I've read about so far is "Paws at Play" in Wake Forest. It seems to be most comparable to our current kennel. (Camp Bow Wow and some of the others seemed to be okay, but not great.) We're willing to pay more $$$ for good service and great amenities. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 09:18 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post
Hello. My family's moving to Cary this summer, and we're looking for a nice (upscale) dog kennel for our 2 dogs. Little bit of background.....we're from Western PA and are very fortunate to have a great kennel nearby called the "Cozy Inn Pet Resort". It has an indoor swimming poor, large outdoor play areas, and large individual pens......I'm guessing about 10'x4' or 12'x4'. They take the dogs out 8-9 times a day , for about 15 mins each time. So, the dogs don't just sit around indoors in a cramped little pen. Boarding runs about $30 / day per dog, plus more if you purchase additional activities.

Needless to say, our dogs love the place....and we've become used to the amenities they offer. I've searched the RTP forum for prior posts on kennels. The best place I've read about so far is "Paws at Play" in Wake Forest. It seems to be most comparable to our current kennel. (Camp Bow Wow and some of the others seemed to be okay, but not great.) We're willing to pay more $$$ for good service and great amenities. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
We use Paws at Play...ours loves it and doesn't come back stressed.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:46 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,589 times
Have you looked at Camp Canine? I've heard good things about it and it is in Cary. I've never used it personally though.

CampCanine Home

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 AM

75 posts, read 336,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
We use Paws at Play...ours loves it and doesn't come back stressed.
Desdemona, I noticed on Paws at Play's website that they only have 38 private kennels (?). It didn't say if they have other pens available, or if 38 dogs is their capacity. Do you have any idea? Our current kennel has over 100+ pens.....and they often have a waiting list, ESPECIALLY during the holidays. You have to call months in advance during busy seasons. Is that the case with Paws at Play? 38 kennels would seem to fill up fast!

Thanks!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 07:21 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Desdemona, I noticed on Paws at Play's website that they only have 38 private kennels (?). It didn't say if they have other pens available, or if 38 dogs is their capacity. Do you have any idea? Our current kennel has over 100+ pens.....and they often have a waiting list, ESPECIALLY during the holidays. You have to call months in advance during busy seasons. Is that the case with Paws at Play? 38 kennels would seem to fill up fast!

Thanks!!!
It's pretty small....so yeah....there are often waiting lists on holidays...book early! Other then then holidays, we've never had a problem getting a spot otherwise. We don't use them every weekend....every other month or so.

They don't have an indoor pool, just the outdoor one.....and we do pay for the 'extras'....cuddle time and a nightly leash walk. Last time I got silly and did the 'movie night' for him....our dog probably liked it knowing him.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:20 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,219 times
We use Camp Canine and love it. Here is a link to their facilities/schedule: Overnight Camp (http://www.campcanine.com/overnight_camp.htm - broken link)

Old 06-10-2007, 04:57 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,042 times
Quote:

WE just boarded our dog (first time) at paws at Play - nice facility and they do have an outdoor pool (webcam also so you can check in). Ours is a big dog and he had a couple of marks on him , probably from playing. There is a vet directly attached to it - so if anything were to happen there's no problem accessing treatment. I think we paid $37 a day and they do extras.
WE'll probably use them again next time we go away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary