Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times

Advertisements

Curious as to if anyone has had any direct experience with Pioneer Exteriors, Bassett Gutters & More, Aluminum Co., and Windows, Siding, Roofing? I am having the windows replaced at my house and those are the companies that sell my chosen brand of windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:00 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
I haven't had any experience with those companies, but I'm curious which brand of windows you are getting. I'm in the midst of getting bids and picking an installer for Simonton 5500's.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Simonton does make a good window but I also know they make some low-end junk for the big box retailers to sell. I'm not sure about the 5500s. I am going with either a Gorell or Sunrise.
I did a lot of research before I chose my manufacturers and that is how I found the contractors. Check out this site linked below to do a search and compare on your windows.
Vinyl Replacement Window Discussion Board Forum - Ask Questions

Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM

754 posts, read 1,693,496 times
We just had Aluminum Co. put in 14 Gorell 5305 windows. Very pleased but obviously we'll need some time to see if the installation holds up. They also offer Simonton 5500s if you want to compare them in person. The 5500s are good but not as good as the Gorells. I think the site you linked would concur.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Yeah, I did a lot of research as well - the 5500's are good windows, and like the way they look/function. To save my sanity I've decided to go with that brand and concentrate my efforts on finding an installer. Thought I found someone to go with, but just found out he's not pre-qualified with Progress Energy for the window rebate. It'd cost me $450 more to go with him as a result.

As an aside, I tried to talk to Aluminum Company about Gorell but they gave me the hard sell on Alside instead (two different salespeople). I definitely do not want Alside, so crossed them off the list. Oh and their price for the Alside Excalibur (supposedly a special deal, only good until the end of the month, blah blah) was the same as the Simonton 5500's!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 AM

754 posts, read 1,693,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
As an aside, I tried to talk to Aluminum Company about Gorell but they gave me the hard sell on Alside instead (two different salespeople). I definitely do not want Alside, so crossed them off the list.
They did the same thing with us so we gave them the hard sell back and got the Gorells anyway. Those Alside Excaliburs are cloned everywhere. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
To save my sanity I've decided to go with that brand and concentrate my efforts on finding an installer.
LOL. Indeed. I think window sales are as bad as mattresses at this point.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 AM

26 posts, read 62,171 times
I just had the Aluminum Company out to give me an estimate for Gorell windows. The only time Alside came up was when he mentioned that they do sell other brands as well but the guy stayed focused on the Gorells. It was a positive experience and we're seriously considering moving forward with them.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,150,444 times
I used to work for construction company in NY. The only two windows I've known were Anderson and Pella. No experience with others.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,580 times
Default Sunrise Contractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Simonton does make a good window but I also know they make some low-end junk for the big box retailers to sell. I'm not sure about the 5500s. I am going with either a Gorell or Sunrise.
I did a lot of research before I chose my manufacturers and that is how I found the contractors. Check out this site linked below to do a search and compare on your windows.
Vinyl Replacement Window Discussion Board Forum - Ask Questions

How did you find installers who use Sunrise windows? Can you please post the links or give names for those contractors? Most sites I have found seem to only be a way to gather information to provide quotes. I'd like to research the companies first, then, seek out my choices of installers for quotes... not vice versa. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:56 PM

273 posts, read 562,645 times
Sunrise is a good window as is the Gorell. Check with Kingsford Window and Siding. They installed my Soft-Lite Imperial LS windows, which rock. If i recall Soft-Lite now owns Gorell. The Soft-Lite window is up there with the Okna and Sunrise amongst others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary