Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 AM

42 posts, read 118,862 times

Advertisements

We will finally have the opportunity to tour the Raleigh area in July, and we will be viewing the area in hope of a future relocation. We will have about a week to spend there, and after doing tons of online research, we have narrowed our main areas of interest to N. Raleigh, Cary & Apex. We would love to view as many neighborhoods & communities that matches our criteria while we are there, and that is where your help comes in.

Our housing budget will most likely be between $400-$600. We are a mid 30's couple with a daughter about to enter kindergarten. Great public schools is a must. We currently send her to private, since the schools in our area are not great, so getting into an area with great public schools is high on our list of must haves. We are coming from a house that is on 3.5 acres, so downsizing to a lot that is .2 acres in not something we desire. I would say the minimum we would consider would be .5 (or a high .4) of an acre.

If you guys could help me gather a list of must see areas that would appeal to us, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, are there any communities that we would not be able to tour due to the neighborhood being private?

Reading through all these posts on here is very inspiring. There are so many positive things being said about the Raleigh area, that I can't wait to experience them for myself.

If you need more information, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,887 times
If you look in North Raleigh north of I-540 (actually north of Norwood Rd.) you'll start to see 1 acre lots in Wake County. Further north and the lots get larger as you approach Falls Lake. The watershed zoning changes from 1 to 2 acres (minimum) depending on distance to the lake.
Note that the closer you get to the lake, the farther you get from RTP and Raleigh.
There are some private gated communities off Old Creedmoor Rd and NC 98 and elsewhere but these communities are typically priced closer to $1M and up.
This map shows Wake County zip codes (Falls Lake straddles the north section of 27614). I'd start by looking in the Raleigh on line MLS listings sorting my zip code and lot size to get a feel for pricing and home styles.

http://www.wakegov.com/NR/rdonlyres/...Code_24x24.pdf

Frank

Last edited by frankpc; 05-20-2010 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary