Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 PM

871 posts, read 3,017,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllowe View Post
Carini's is THE BEST Italian food I've had since moving away from the Pittsburgh area. It was an AMAZING surprise. I had veal saltimbocca.

Yesyesyes Penne Toscana, Cavatelli Carini, and Shrimp Parmagiana are the three dishes I have tried. I am a huge fan of Carini's, figuratively AND literally. Please try them out, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM

871 posts, read 3,017,835 times
FWIW, my family and I have eaten 3 times at Daniel's in Apex and 3 times at Carini's, and Daniel's isn't even in their league. Just my opinion, but Carini's does the food right, the service does not reflect a 5-star establishment cuz it's a family restaurant, and we left there thoroughly thankful of the staff and truly happy. Go figure.

Reason for not dining there more often? Calories are my enemy......

Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,446,142 times
Default Mama Mia's in Apex

We found Mama Mia's when it was located in the Preston area of Cary. The fellow who owns it is from Naples -- very nice and personable. He has since moved the restaurant into a small shopping center off Laura Duncan Road.

He has started something new. One weekend a month he has a dinner/wine special. The menu is set, and he starts with appetizers, and runs through the evening with wines to accompany each course, including dessert.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM

168 posts, read 349,938 times
Casalinga in Raleigh. Food is fantastic and we trek from Cary to mini city to eat there. And the ricotta cheesecake is to die for!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM

406 posts, read 787,697 times
Bella Monica is overpriced Italian for people who have too much money and a dull
palate... it is actually ok but $7.99 soup WTH...Don't Get me started on the other local favorite,Assaggios.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM

233 posts, read 860,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I like Casa Carbone at Oak Park Shopping Center in North Raleigh. It is owned by an Italian family that has been around the Raleigh area for over 40 years.

In Clayton, there is a restaurant near 70 and 42 that is also owned by an Italian family. They also have a NY pizza place in that same area.

Vicki
Venero's is the restaurant just past the FOod Lion shopping center on the right on 70 if you were heading through Clayton from Garner. Long Island Deli Express is also owned by them, they do pizza, subs, and breakfast. They are on Hwy 70 also, just after the Smithfield BBQ on your left if heading through Clayton from Garner (it used to be the old Domino's Pizza if anyone remembers that).

"Mulberry on Main" is a great italian restuarant on Main St. in Clayton as well. They are only open for dinner Thurs - Sat. They have great pizza and italian dishes!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,076,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchodog View Post
CHwboy, there are a number of Italians in Chapel Hill. I don't know that they particularly advertise themselves as Italian unless they're in the restaurant business, but I have two close personal friends who are Italian guys and then there are several of CH/C pizza joints run by real authentic first generation, still speak Italian more fluently than English, families.
Ironic. We were traveling in Italy a few years ago and when our guide discovered that my grandparents where from a nearby region in Italy he asked me if I ran a restaurant in America.

Frank

Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,157,679 times
Gravy - downtown Raleigh
Fratello's - Brier Creek
(my wife and I are both Italian, so does that count?)

Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 AM

425 posts, read 1,256,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
We found Mama Mia's when it was located in the Preston area of Cary. The fellow who owns it is from Naples -- very nice and personable. He has since moved the restaurant into a small shopping center off Laura Duncan Road.

He has started something new. One weekend a month he has a dinner/wine special. The menu is set, and he starts with appetizers, and runs through the evening with wines to accompany each course, including dessert.
Great food and great owners! Really a nice place to eat. Shoot, now I'm hungry and it's only 8:58AM! Thanks a lot!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:00 AM

379 posts, read 959,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
Gravy - downtown Raleigh
Fratello's - Brier Creek
(my wife and I are both Italian, so does that count?)

Ah, yes- good call- forgot Fratellos', 2 thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary