Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:02 PM

492 posts, read 2,107,663 times

Advertisements

Assuming that our house closes (we're in the last, I hope, round of negotiations on repairs -- they think fewer masonite boards need to be replaced than we do, and we're about $1000 apart), I'd like to get a gift for our realtor, who has been amazing and worked incredibly hard on finding the right house (first deal fell through, too, due to restrictive covenants, so she's gone through two rounds of offers).

And, since it's a relo, she's getting less than the standard commission -- apparently she has to kick back some of her commission to the company.

Anyway we'd like to get her a thankyou gift for being there through thick and thin, and need suggestions so that we do something appropriate, something nice but not too extravagant or ... a bouquet of flowers isn't NEARLY enough!

Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 PM

43,267 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Gifts that will be appreciated, and cost you nothing:
1. Write a testimonial.
2. A solid referral client.
3. Remember her if you sell, and put her to work again.
4. Put HER on YOUR Christmas card list.

You can't go wrong.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:36 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,911 times
I agree with Mike. I would appreciate any of the above the most and it won't cost you a thing. Agents love good referrals and to be remembered again if you sell. A testimonial is good as well because they can use it in their marketing.

Good luck on your purchase. It's nice to hear people say good things about their Realtors. They often get forgotten after closing.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I've already given her name to folks (my company is doing a small but steady stream of hiring), though I don't know if any have called her. And she knows she will handle my sale in 2-5 years; in fact, when we looked at houses, one of the question I would ask her was "would you be comfortable selling this house in 2 years? "

And we don't do Christmas cards, so that's out, but maybe a bouquet of flowers, too....

\

Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 PM

43,267 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Oh, Yeah...
Flowers are good too.

And they would be unexpected, too.
Nice surprise.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:38 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Here is my FEMALE opinion...I love getting any type of surprise gift from my clients. And appreciation is a great gift! So is a referral! I have a couple of clients that go out of their way if they even hear of someone moving and hand over one of my cards! Now thats the best thank you! If you feel like you want to do more, a gift certificate to the mall? A gift certificate for getting her nails done? Restaurant gift certificate? Flowers are always appreciated! And those fruit bouquets are great too! Just some ideas. I think its great that she did such a wonderful job for you and you are that satisfied with her. That says some really wonderful things about you too!

Vicki

Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 AM

402 posts, read 2,210,773 times
Was it on here that someone said the client received a gift certificiate from the realtor to a plastic surgeon?!?!?

WWWHOOOAAAA! don't do that one! How tacky is that?!?!

(now, a gift certificate to a spa is a whole nother story! ahhhh......)

Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 AM

Thanks, Vicki!

And good idea -- I need to remember to ask for a handful of her cards!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:44 AM

112 posts, read 759,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Gifts that will be appreciated, and cost you nothing:
1. Write a testimonial.
2. A solid referral client.
3. Remember her if you sell, and put her to work again.
4. Put HER on YOUR Christmas card list.

You can't go wrong.
Definitely agree with Mike. The best gift is the gift of referrals.

If you want to give something material, maybe a gift card to a restaurant, movies, both? Some way to kick back and relax.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
It appears that since women do the majority of the shopping that women know how to give better gifts!!!

Happy Father's Day!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary