U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:42 AM

35 posts, read 187,194 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been out to the Thomasville Furniture Outlet in Greensboro? My wife and I are wondering if the prices and selection are worth the ride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 07:48 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,101,578 times
Yes I have been and NO it wasn't worth it. I thought the prices were practically the same as the store and the selection of stuff they had was very poor. Some of it looked like it had been sitting there since 1980. There were two items in the place (which is pretty small) that I would have bought. But the savings were not enought to make me buy them. I went to Furniture Land SOuth and made all my purchases. Also the Thomasville store across from FLS is very nice. Excellent customer service and their prices were slightly lower than the Thomasville in Raleigh. I have also been to the Thomasville outlet in Hickory and their prices were the same as the stores.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:47 AM

22,081 posts, read 40,170,867 times
The Thomasville furniture outlet in greensboro is closing but the one in thomasville is still open. The outlet carries same line as the stores do at some point. My favorite is the Humprey Bogart collection then the Ernest Hemingway collection.

From my understanding you have to go the store itself before ordering a product and they have the best deals usually around holidays and I am not sure if they are having a sale for fourth of july the best sales are memorial day and labor day.

Furniture making use to be big in this state but most of it is going overseas for production so finding a good crafted furniture made with quality wood is becoming a thing of the past, but right now I been pleased with the quality of the furniture.

If you decide to go there let me know I can recommend one of the sales ladies she was very helpful with making sure I chose correct fabrics and colors and she was nice enough to send me a brochure before I made the trip.

I guess I like going to the thomasville location since it right next to their headquarters and plants so I been please with the selection in stock.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,101,578 times
The Thomasville outlet I went to was in Thomasville not Greensboro.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:05 PM

19,765 posts, read 31,656,940 times
I worry about our furniture industry, although the chip mills will do well making sawdust for cheap imported stuff.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:18 AM

14 posts, read 99,779 times
Why bother with Thomasville? I went to MANY furniture stores in that area last month.. I decided to get a hotel room and spend a few days furniture shopping. One of the stores that I went to was over 1 million SQ ft. - There were so many nice pieces of furniture, great discounts too!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:09 PM

19,765 posts, read 31,656,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TfMorgan View Post
Why bother with Thomasville? I went to MANY furniture stores in that area last month.. I decided to get a hotel room and spend a few days furniture shopping. One of the stores that I went to was over 1 million SQ ft. - There were so many nice pieces of furniture, great discounts too!

1,000,000 SF? How could you possibly keep it all straight? Wow...

Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TfMorgan View Post

You must be referring to Furniture Land South . One way to tell if you are buying authentic is by the craftman ship and make of the wood if it says maple finish then it is not maple but something else and it is ok to ask how it is finished and where. North Carolina use make 90 percent of this nation furniture but now is down to ten percent

Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 PM

795 posts, read 1,658,359 times
Where is Furniture Land South? The website says Jamestown, NC at the bottom of their web page but not sure if this is the actual location or just their mailing address. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM

It probably in Jamestown district but I always consider it High Point
-40W to I-85S through Raleigh/Durham
I-85S through Greensboro to Business 85S (Exit 118)
Approximately 2+ miles on the right

Im not sure how accurate the second part is but since they have remodel 85 in greensboro just stick with buisness 85 South all the way through once you reach 85 and buisness 85 split. It around 2 hour trip. No significant time difference going either part of 85

If you miss the first buisness 85 exit and take the "new" 85 that merges off on the left you will do ok once that ends a different buisness 85 will emerge again on the right with an emphasis on High Point at this point you want to be on the right side of Grandover Resort on the interstate.

I know it seems confusing and I am trying to explain it best I can for someone who might not be aware of buisness 85 and "new" 85 in this area. but once you get past this point it is smooth selling you will be looking for a huge chest
http://lh5.ggpht.com/elise.carpenter...jpg?imgmax=400

Yeah it huge

Here is a list of
What to Bring (http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/bring.shtml - broken link)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-27-2009 at 09:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary