Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:29 PM

11 posts, read 49,980 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Holly springs area in July and while I am excited about the move, I am upset about leaving my church: We have a great pastor, coffee , food, cake, live band (with pastor playing guitar) and drama at every service.....also easy to follow scripture. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CHURCH LIKE THIS IN THE AREA????>......please help.
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 05:50 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Which denomination? Or would you prefer non-denominational?

Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM

123 posts, read 485,852 times
You might be interested in Crossroads Fellowship - they have LOTS of options for services from contemporary to more contemporary And I know they have the coffee and treats, too! It's a big church and has lots to offer as well as lots to get involved in. I'm just not sure how far of a drive it would be from you in Holly Springs (it's in Raleigh off Capital and Millbrook)

Good luck - here's their link -

Welcome to Crossroads Fellowship

Old 06-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Schroeder, (comment on your comment)

My current church is fabulous, and just because we serve coffee, food and a great time, does not mean we don't serve GOD, We do and in the HIGHEST.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Thank you for your help, I will check out Crossroads.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
In North Raleigh, there is currently a Church called Lifepointe. My 13 year old daughter loves it!

Its currently in a movie theatre, on Forum Drive. You go dressed in whatever you like, its very casual. They have coffee and OJ and danish and bagels when you walk in.

The sermon is on the screen as the preacher speaks. Kids and young adults have a paper that is fill in the blank. They write while the minister speaks. Its easy enough that they understand, as well as the adults!

There is a band and they are great.

Its a very enjoyable Church service.

I know Lifepointe has a website but it is in North Raleigh.

Vicki

Old 06-17-2007, 06:29 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I would also suggest crosspointe (similar to crossroads), it is off of carpenter fire station road.

We went to the church when we lived in apex, and really liked it. Coffee, contemporary, excellent services, gel groups, etc

Leigh

Old 06-17-2007, 06:30 PM

185 posts, read 991,933 times
alot of churches serve food and coffee during social time after service. but your original post did seem like the food and coffee was a high priority. after all you mentioned coffee in your title even.

you still didn't mention what type of church, denomination, nondemonimational or even small versus large. I think you'll get more serious answers if you give people that type and size info.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 AM

188 posts, read 1,144,143 times
Thumbs up Potter's Hand Bible Church

My friend's dad is the pastor at Potter's Hand Bible Church in Apex (10 min. from Holly Springs). They have all the things that you're looking for.

http://www.pottershandbiblechurch.org/

Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I would also suggest crosspointe (similar to crossroads), it is off of carpenter fire station road.

We went to the church when we lived in apex, and really liked it. Coffee, contemporary, excellent services, gel groups, etc

Leigh
+1
A great environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary