Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,143 times

Advertisements

I am hoping to get some good advice from people who either have lived or are living in Rapid City, SD. I recently moved to Cleveland, Ohio from Northern Michigan with my fiance. He is finishing up his first part of school and then we are getting married and moving everything out to good ol Rapid City for him to attend the Hot Rod Institute. We are a young couple and since we have to move so far away from family, friends, and a great place that we are living now... I am hoping to find a great area to move to in Rapid City. I am getting really nervous about this move because I am going to be leaving a great job and a great place to head out there with no job and not an idea of what it is like out there. Can anyone PLEASE suggest good parts of town/areas to look for a place to live? And any other information you feel that would be helpful??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Hot Rod Institute? Well I think I'd take a step back and take a look the whole picture. there is not bad areas of Rapid. Some are better than others. But as a whole Rapid lacks an area that is an avoid at all costs.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:09 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Hot Rod Institute? Well I think I'd take a step back and take a look the whole picture. there is not bad areas of Rapid. Some are better than others. But as a whole Rapid lacks an area that is an avoid at all costs.
Yes, I agree. I have seen many people say to avoid North Rapid, but honestly, it's not that bad. It's just older and not as nice as some other parts of the city. There is no part of Rapid where I have felt unsafe.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,429 times
I hear great things about the hot rod institute so that is good - my family is a big car family so I know all about it for sure - my parents live about six hours away (from rapid) and my dad is looking at briging a big job our for them to work on sometime soon as he has too many cars he's working on I'd try to stay south of omaha if possible! Find a place to rent and take a short lease if you can so you can look around and see where you really want to be... good luck and ask any specific questions if you have them!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 AM

5 posts, read 7,583 times
As with most cities, the areas that are most popular are generally a bit higher priced. There are many outlying areas to RC that are popular as well.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City