U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM

3,940 posts, read 9,816,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbat View Post
Hence Whole Foods' nickname, which is Whole Paycheck.
Haha! That's what we call it too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 06:21 PM

579 posts, read 368,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Imagine a Whole Foods in Rapid City. People would look at the prices and run back to WalMart. The Twin Cities are one of the most health-conscious and liberal metros in the United States and we only have two Whole Foods stores here. Not likely.
Another issue Whole Foods would have is the lack of available quality produce. It would not be cost efficient for them to ship so much produce as fast as would be needed to hold their quality standards.

Companies are reluctant to expand into Rapid City due to its geographical isolation. When I lived up there I was trying to buy a Cici's Pizza franchise because I thought that concept would do well in Rapid City about where Pizza Ranch eventually opened. They refused, citing transportation of commissary as the main issue.

Quote:
A chik-fil-A would be awesome!!
I also inquired with them to become a partner (they don't franchise) and was told it was too isolated. The closest ones are in Ft Collins and Sioux City. Minneapolis kind of has one, but it is an express located on a college campus and it is not open to the public. That info is correct as of about 2 years ago at least.

You will not see CFA in RC until they have covered MSP and Sioux Falls first.

Edit: It looks like CFA is in Cheyenne now.

Last edited by LVPoker1; 05-04-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM

3,940 posts, read 9,816,542 times
They just opened another Chick-Fil-A in MSP Int'l Airport. I agree that Rapid City is a great market for a Cici's Pizza, but yes, transportation costs probably outweigh the benefits for them. That is Rapid City's main drawback for many companies - isolation.

Popeye's did take a chance by opening a single franchise in Minneapolis. I believe the next closest one is in Illinois.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 PM

579 posts, read 368,925 times
Quote:
Popeye's did take a chance by opening a single franchise in Minneapolis. I believe the next closest one is in Illinois.
Popeye's tried Gillette, WY too back in maybe 2008 or so. I think it closed before its first anniversary.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,684 times
Hardees and Carl's Jr is the same thing. I'm from Denver and its the same! I heard we r getting a "Quaker Steak and Lube" which is a wing place. Also on the dream scale a Panda Express would be awesome! I dunno if its gonna be by the new Walmart but I heard Rapid is supposed to be getting a Cracker Barrel as well. I think it would do really good here!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM

15 posts, read 19,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
You will not see CFA in RC until they have covered MSP and Sioux Falls first.
I saw this and had to comment. It is actually somewhat plausable. They are getting one at the Student Union at SDSU in Brookings.

imo, you never know...

Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 PM

5 posts, read 8,812 times
I definitely wish a Whole Foods would come to Rapid City!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,310,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
I definitely wish a Whole Foods would come to Rapid City!
You mean Whole Paycheck.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 PM

20,056 posts, read 15,370,699 times
I'd like to see an hardware store like another hardware Hank in that area. A second location additional to the bacon park store.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,485 times
I wish for a harbor freight, big lots, cost plus world market. My mom wants a Joanns fabric. I dint eat much fast food but wouldnt mind weinerschnitzel, jack in the box and above all in n out burger. I heard there is another dollar tree going in by the new walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City