Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM

36 posts, read 86,811 times

Advertisements

The time has come for our RC "vacation" we will be looking at a few houses and enjoying the sights. We will arrive April 1 and be there for a week. We have three kids. Two are still small (2 years and 10 months). What is the weather supposed to be like? It has been unseasonably warm here reaching the middle 80s several times. Any suggestions on must-do/see/eat places?

Oh, and I've read above Omaha is the "bad" part of town. We found a house in what appears to be a newer neighborhood on the north side. So is it ALL bad? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,103,375 times
There are tons of places to entertain yourselves and the kiddos - what are your interests? How far out from Rapid are you willing to range? The weather can vary, but the next 10 days looks pretty good.

I will leave the housing questions to others who live in the community.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
North of Omaha is not "bad" by any measure. It isn't the nicest part of town, but it isn't a "do not live there" part of town.

My preference is the west side. The downside to the west side is it seems to cost more. I like country life though. My house is in a canyon that is sheltered and quiet.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM

36 posts, read 86,811 times
We love anything outdoors (even our 10 month old) but it looks like the weather is going to dip down while we are there though . We plan to go to Spearfish, Custer and Mt. Rushmore and Crazyhorse. One day will be taken up house hunting. I don't want to spend all of our time there in a car though :/.

We want to live on the west side but haven't found many houses that fit our needs anywhere near our price range. We live on 1.58 acres here just outside of town and it is perfect for us but to find that out there in our price range isn't looking at all promising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City