Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,510 times

Advertisements

martinmaxwell, I agree that Sioux Falls has a large regular Target, but a second Target (a Super Target) will get built out in Dawley Farm near the east side Wal-Mart and west of Highway 11 which is closed off and being widened to a four-laned road with a raised median. There is serious talk about a second BestBuy and a movie theater.

I have also heard about Coach going in where Baby Gap is in the Empire. Gap is condensing many of its stores nationwide. There seems to be a market for expensive stuff if there are quite a few $500K deluxe homes going up in parts of western and southern Sioux Falls (and starting to go up in Arbor's Edge in eastern Sioux Falls across from the proposed Galleria at River's Bend shopping area).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but am interested with many of the posts so I decided to join. Also, I have lived in Rapid City all of my life (until this fall when I head to college ) so I know a thing or two about the big RC.

Just to clarify about the new Target store opening up at Rushmore Crossing. It is NOT a Super Target. I currently work at the Target at Rushmore Mall. The new Target will have a photo lab, pharmacy, starbucks, and a food avenue. It will have about 4 times the amount of freezers the old Target has but it will NOT have a full grocery store. It will also have 4 loading stations for trucks instead of 1 and an expanded warehouse.

Why they did not put in a Super Target it beyond me. Target bases their performance on online surveys that can be taken at target.com by customers. The workers have access to these surveys that are updated every week. I check them regularly and often see "add a super target!". I think it would make sense for a Super Target because of the obvious demand....but I'm not the one to decide that.
It will also have a Pizza Hut in the Food Ave. (I work there too, who are you Andy?)

Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
This article gives more info on Rushmore Crossing and the second proposed mall right across the Interstate: The Meadows of Black Hills (originally the Meadows at Northridge). Sam's, Home Depot, and Bed Bath and Beyond are already confirmed tenants.

REJournals.com - MIDWEST DIGEST :: Rapid City, South Dakota (broken link)

Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 PM

The difference between Rapid City and Sioux Falls is that Rapid City has noting comparable next to it for miles (at least 200 miles). Sioux Falls has competetion from Omaha, which is 160-170 miles away (which has more malls and chains) and Sioux City, which does not have as much to offer as Sioux Falls but may siphon some of Sioux Falls' potential consumer base. Sioux City has been much improved in its retail offereings with the opening of Lakeport Commons which is near the Southern Hills Mall. I see a fair amount of people going from Sioux City and Sioux Falls areas down to Omaha to shop due to more choices and chains. If Sioux Falls gets additional shopping options, such as the two outdoor malls, it may stem some of the traffic that is heading to Omaha. There is interest in Sioux Falls by two developers, one is going forward and the other is still in the planning stages.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,191 times
Sorry to go kinda off topic, but when I was in Omaha recently, I traveled through the suburb/city of Papillion. They have a newer shopping complex, called Shadow Lake on Highway 370. It's really a nice shopping atmosphere. It gave me a feel as to what Dawley Farm Village will be like.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 AM

I have heard about Shadow Lake and would like to stop by when I am down there. MJ1986, I am excited about Dawley Farm coming and hope it fills up with lot of good things. The SuperTarget, Best Buy, and movie theater will be nice with other stores yet unnamed.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 PM

259 posts, read 851,114 times
Any official confirmation on what restaurants are moving in? Hoping for some new to Rapid City restaurants.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 AM

A bit outdated tho, LinensNThings is still on here.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 AM

259 posts, read 851,114 times
I'll have to come back when I can get on the wifi. That image is blocked here at work.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM

If you got the list from the first page of this thread off of the management site, that does NOT mean we are getting all those stores.

GMX Real Estate Group, LLC - Real Estate Development in Chicago, Illinois

Tenant Deals
GMX Real Estate Group
Messrs. Goodman and Mottlowitz enjoy major tenant relationships with many of the nation's premier retailers and have completed deals with the following major chains:

Barnes & Noble
Bed Bath & Beyond
Best Buy
Borders
Brinker
Buffalo Wild Wings, Ca****'s Fresh Markets
Circuit City
Chase Bank
Container Store
Costco Wholesale Club
Cost Plus World Market
David's Bridal
Dick's Sporting Goods
Dress Barn
DSW Shoe Warehouse
Eastern Mountain Sports
Edwards Theatres
Famous Footwear
Gordman's
Filene's Basement
Gap/Old Navy
Giant Eagle
Home Depot
JC Penney
Justice
Jillian's
Kohl's
Kroger Foods
Lane Bryant
Linens-N-Things
Lowe's
Marshalls
Maurice's
Michaels
Meijer
Mikasa
Nordstrom Rack
Office Max
Office Depot
Panera Bread
Petco
PetsMart
Pier 1 Imports
Potbelly Sandwich Works
Red Robin Gourmet Hamburgers
Ross Dress For Less
Safeway Foods
Scheel's All Sports
Shoe Carnival
The Sports Authority
Staples
Starbucks
Target
TJ Maxx
Vans Skate Park
Walgreens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City