U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 PM

39 posts, read 43,950 times
Default Old Navy?

This might seem like a silly or weird question, but I need to know... Does Rapid City have an Old Navy?

I googled and didn't find one, but yet I could have sworn that someone I talked to once that grew up in Rapid City told me that there was an Old Navy in the mall.

Rapid City is a place I've been interested in moving to for a long time, and I'm just trying to figure out if I could really be happy there. I love Old Navy
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM

18,613 posts, read 14,204,171 times
No, I thnk they moved out a while back. Besides, if your happiness is contingent on old navy this isn't the place for you.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 PM

My happiness isn't contigent on Old Navy I was just very curious. There's always online shopping, right??

Rapid City sounds pretty dang awesome in most ways. But I guess I just found 1 thing to put on my "negatives" side of my list. The "positives" side is quite, quite long.

Thanks for your response!

Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM

5,140 posts, read 3,044,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcar12 View Post
My happiness isn't contigent on Old Navy I was just very curious. There's always online shopping, right??

Rapid City sounds pretty dang awesome in most ways. But I guess I just found 1 thing to put on my "negatives" side of my list. The "positives" side is quite, quite long.

Thanks for your response!
There's no Old Navy but there is a Gordman's, which, IMO is better anyway. If you aren't hung up on high-end shopping, you'd be fine here. The mall has JCP and Herberger's and many of the other usual mall stores. There's also TJ Maxx, Dress Barn, etc, if that's your thing. The downtown area has lots of boutiques and shops that I keep meaning to check out someday.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 AM

330 posts, read 1,068,596 times
Default me too

I was also certain that there was an old navy and I drove up and down the street by Target (Rushmore Crossing) determined to find it! We went to Plato's closet instead on Omaha St. instead and found some good deals! Yes you can always do Old Navy online! Rapid really does have a lot to offer!
Pam

Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Old navy was never at the crossings. At one time it was at the mall.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM

I've discovered a few more things I love that Rapid City doesn't seem to offer--

Red Robin.
Smashburger.
Five Guys.

I can shop online for Old Navy clothes, but I can't buy Red Robin online and have it delivered! Boo!!

I know that Rapid City isn't a huge place, so they obviously can't have EVERYTHING. I'm just being nit-picky. But I'm hoping that at least one of these might open up there in the near future Ha!

Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM

5,140 posts, read 3,044,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcar12 View Post
I've discovered a few more things I love that Rapid City doesn't seem to offer--

Red Robin.
Smashburger.
Five Guys.

I can shop online for Old Navy clothes, but I can't buy Red Robin online and have it delivered! Boo!!

I know that Rapid City isn't a huge place, so they obviously can't have EVERYTHING. I'm just being nit-picky. But I'm hoping that at least one of these might open up there in the near future Ha!
I can guarantee there is FAR better food available in Rapid City than any of those places.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 PM

There are far better places to dine that are not chains. The chain obsession is annoying.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM

Ya know, one of the biggest draws for me to Rapid City is that it doesn't have a huge population... And I suppose that with that characteristic, comes the inevitable situation of having fewer places to eat/shop than I may be used to. I guess it's something to weigh the pro's and con's of.

What are some of the best burger places in Rapid City?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City