Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,069 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are a military familiy finally settling in to Rapid City, SD. We have been here since Oct 08. Now we are looking for a new church to attend. We are Lutheran, and I really miss my old church. It was a very contemporary church and very inviting. We had grown accustomed to singing the songs you hear on everyday Christian radio station and Im not sure if there is anything like that here. We are now trying to find something similar. I have looked at the websites and are looking into a few. We attended church for the first time today and was definately a small town church feel. We are looking for something with alot more enthusiasm. Does anyone have any reccomendations.
Smylin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,713,261 times
Open Bible Christian Center
Faith Temple
Dove Christian Center
Spring Creek

There all very comtemporary churches. I'm not sure if they're Lutheran though. I think St. Paul's Lutheran and Zion Lutheran are supposed to be pretty contemporary too. St. Paul's and Zion are both schools too.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 PM

68 posts, read 172,020 times
We do have several Lutheran churches here in rapid, but the one that I probably like the best is on the west side of town, south canyon Lutheran. I am catholic, but do attend some Lutheran services and the ones at this church are always nice.
Of course the best way to find a church you like is to go attend some services at them. Other Lutheran churches in rapid are:
Calvary Lutheran church, also on the west side
Devine shepherd Lutheran, great small town feel, out in Blackhawk
Zion Lutheran which Danny listed is also a good one.

there are plenty more around town, but these are the major ones that I know of.

As for christen radio stations, we have a good selection offered by Bethesda christen broadcasting.
97.9 The point, modern positive christen music. You can listen to this one online at Positive Hits :: 97.9 The Point
Power 107.3 fm, contemporary christen
And 88.3 christen talk.

We also have a major FREE christen festival every summer in rapid, called hills alive! If you like contemporary christen music, this festival is amazing. it generally gets top acts, last year we had Toby Mac, Switchfoot, and tree 63 to name a few.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 AM

189 posts, read 564,474 times
i like first united methodist in rapid city at 629 kansas city st at 7th. they have 3 morning services. i think the most lively service is the middle one. they are a very helping caring church with lots of activities. you can stop by the office also and see what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City