U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM

141 posts, read 254,279 times
Default Rapid City - bars and bands?

Hi guys! I don't get out a whole lot, but curious what bars you would recommend. Are there any that have live bands? Rock and Country are my preferred music to listen to if that helps.

Also, are there any "drop in" daycare centers down there? Here there are a couple that charge by the hour and are open til like 11pm. We used them when we first moved to Fargo since we didn't know anyone who could babysit. We will be in the same situation not knowing anyone when we move down there (with the exception of our online contacts we have made).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 08:53 PM

28 posts, read 86,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33kgrl View Post
Hi guys! I don't get out a whole lot, but curious what bars you would recommend. Are there any that have live bands? Rock and Country are my preferred music to listen to if that helps.

Also, are there any "drop in" daycare centers down there? Here there are a couple that charge by the hour and are open til like 11pm. We used them when we first moved to Fargo since we didn't know anyone who could babysit. We will be in the same situation not knowing anyone when we move down there (with the exception of our online contacts we have made).

Thanks!
Hi!

My wife's "business" is daycare. We are planning to move to the Rapid City area in June or July. She would probably be open to taking a few kids later nights once in awhile so mom's and dad's can get out and have a date night or whatever. We'll put some info here once we get there and get settled.

Jon

Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 AM

Thanks Jon. Good luck with your move!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 AM

3,940 posts, read 9,544,767 times
The Firehouse has bands on the patio in the summer. The "Summer Nights on 7th" has outdoor music and a beer garden every thursday night. It's a block party on 7th Street between Main and St. Joseph. Dublin Square always has local bands too. Popular ones are Corduroy Vinyl, Dick Burns Band, and The Recession. The 445 has lounge singers and piano players a lot for a jazzy attitude. Teddy's gets a lot of country bands too. Most all of the bars downtown have live music at some point in time.

Elk Creek Steakhouse always has a "country jamboree" but it's out in Piedmont so you'd have to drive a little ways. Teddy's has male revue on Thursdays too if you want to have a ladies night.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
The Firehouse has bands on the patio in the summer. The "Summer Nights on 7th" has outdoor music and a beer garden every thursday night. It's a block party on 7th Street between Main and St. Joseph. Dublin Square always has local bands too. Popular ones are Corduroy Vinyl, Dick Burns Band, and The Recession. The 445 has lounge singers and piano players a lot for a jazzy attitude. Teddy's gets a lot of country bands too. Most all of the bars downtown have live music at some point in time.

Elk Creek Steakhouse always has a "country jamboree" but it's out in Piedmont so you'd have to drive a little ways. Teddy's has male revue on Thursdays too if you want to have a ladies night.
Thanks Danny! Hopefully once we get settled we can have some time being fun adults instead of just parents working and sleeping LOL. I will look into those places!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,214 times
Red face bands for weddings

Hello everyone, Im new at this so bare with me. I'm looking to find a Live band to play for my wedding. I'm having one at Custer state park. Does anyone know a website or any contact info I can get. I was looking for someone that plays country/rock. Please Help . thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 AM

479 posts, read 875,913 times
Oh dang, I just about suggested mine but we aren't really country rock. When would your wedding be? I fill in with a country/rock band, but you probably want somebody from west river. There should be a few groups around the Rapid City area.
I dug up a few for your reading pleasure:
Local Band Network - COMMON LAW
Local Band Network - Big Unit
Local Band Network - Band of Thievez
Local Band Network - Midnight Sun

I found those here, but there are more. Local Band Network - Music scene for South Dakota-Rapid City

Good luck in your search. The Abbey Road band is a Beatles tribute band out there, and I know one of the guys so I could get recommendations on some bands if you wish.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 PM

892 posts, read 1,348,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbackmozl View Post
Hello everyone, Im new at this so bare with me. I'm looking to find a Live band to play for my wedding. I'm having one at Custer state park. Does anyone know a website or any contact info I can get. I was looking for someone that plays country/rock. Please Help . thanks
I tried checking on some contact info for Kenny Miller (no luck, but saw him just a couple weeks ago) - he is an excellent musician and covers a lot of 50's-70's country pop rock sounds ie, elvis, roy orbison, hank williams.
Also looked for something on Hank Harris and Kenny Putman. They also are quite amazing musicians and can play a wide variety of tunes.

Anyway I didn't find anything with a quick search but they are all very active and talented. A little digging I'm sure you could find more on them.

Congrats on the engagement!!

Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM

479 posts, read 875,913 times
on Kenny P. Good guy too.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM

18,610 posts, read 14,204,171 times
Along the lines of Kenny P, Albert and Gage are always a great concert. Albert and Gage make up from Texas to do some shows about once a year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City