Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM

21 posts, read 85,575 times

Advertisements

After a blown transmission on my truck , being snowed in in Utah , blown tires on my trailer and dodging another snow storm in Wyoming , I finally made it here. I did meet some cool people along the way in spite of the journey from or through hell . (take your pick) I'm currently in the proccess of getting the utilities turned on and getting my new business built and started up. I'm hoping to be open by the end of the month ready for the tourist season. Quite a few of the locals are chomping at the bit to sit in my chair for some ink . It is a trip to see this place as a ghost town . They even took down the stoplight for the off season . Now I can't even claim living in a one light town. It's now a "no light" town ! I have much work ahead of me , but I'm glad to be here .
Now that I'm back on line I'll try to catch up on some of the threads that I am involved with , but for now , I have a ton of e mail to wade through and reply to, then "I'll be back"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 06:46 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Alright!!!! Now we can officially welcome you to So. Dak. It sounds like you had a rough trip here, but it'll be fine now that you're here and getting settled. I've actually never seen Keystone as a ghost town, only in the summer. It is just the cutest little town and if they had jobs there, it wouldn't be little for long.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:43 PM

955 posts, read 3,647,647 times
Welcome

Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM

64 posts, read 489,204 times
Where in the world in South Dakota is Keystone?????

Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Remember View Post
Where in the world in South Dakota is Keystone?????
Keystone is the home town of Mt. Rushmore. population 319 , oops make that 320 , until tourist season gets in gear. Then it jumps up a couple thousand ,give or take a few hundred.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome Jammie and Busy S W
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City