Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,417 times

Advertisements

My agent is doing an open house this weekend (condo) and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations / ideas. I know the basic stuff (clean everything, no clutter, no pets, etc.) but was just trying to think of what else to do. I planned to have some refreshments and my mortgage broker was going to give me some flyers about FHA loans. Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,682 times
Be sure your agent is doing a great flyer for the condo - directing people to his/her web site.
Have plenty of info about your HOA - all the ammenities, what the HOA fees cover, etc.
Best wishes!!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,023 times
Baking chocolate chip cookies right before the open house, then serving them at the open house is good too. Roger Butcher, a RE guru, recommends that all open houses be an "event". He recommends streamers (like a car lot), and other festive yard decorating.

Btw... once you clean the condo, clean it a couple more times, then after you have cleaned it two more times, do it again three or four more times. There is nothing that you can do to sell a property faster, or kill a desire faster than to have a place shining or to have the same place barely unkept.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM

386 posts, read 1,363,667 times
If there is anything you want the buyer to notice, put up small and tasteful signs in the house. We had extremely efficient windows and made a note near one of them, were willing to sell the gym equipment, made a small note... etc. We also listed some of the smaller features on a fact sheet and left a few copies laying around for people to read them at their leisure. This caught the attention of one prospective buyer and made him take a closer look at our house, eventually making an offer. I think this is helpful b/c (1) sometimes the showing agent forgets to mention something that may be important to the buyer and (2) the buyer sometimes tunes out the showing agents comments, especially after walking through a few open houses.

Also, I sprayed my home with febreeze immediately before the showing and several comment cards mentioned how good the home smelled. Good luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,138,039 times
Let your friends, neighbors and colleagues know about the event and invite them to stop by and bring their friends. They all might know somebody who is looking for a new home. Good Luck!

Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,417 times
Thanks for all of the suggestions! It went well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals