Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 08:09 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,613 times

Advertisements

Morning! I am a REALTOR in Central Fl. and it is possible that my family and I may be relocating up around or in Waynesville, NC. Depending on my husbands work, that will be the ultimate deciding factor on where we end up. I would like your input on your brokerages........... as I will need to find a new one once I relocate. Pros/Cons. Desk fees, commission splits, their advertising and or website (do they give you your own page too?), do they give you leads?, members of a RELO Comp.? (ie: Leading Real Estate Companies of the World), etc.
I have been looking online and also about getting my license in NC. I hate to leave the company I am with now (Adams, Cameron & Co., REALTORS) . Very family feel & Great support system. I wish I could move them with me!

If any of you were ever a REALTOR in FL and moved to NC or vice versa....... can you give me input on the differences in working in both states compared to the other?

Now from a personal side of it............. as a buyer in NC... what do I need to know compared to buying in Fl.?

Our move could be in a month- 4 mos.

Thank you so much! Donna LaConte, REALTOR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:05 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Donna,

I would suggest you post this question in the Western North Carolina Forum, just like you did your question on the High School.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 AM

I was going to, but I didn't think the Realtors would likely give a reply there due to some of the questions I was asking ....ie: commissions splits, fees, etc. **I just posted it in W. NC......... thanks!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Donna,

I would suggest you post this question in the Western North Carolina Forum, just like you did your question on the High School.

Sadly..........neither posting here or in the W. NC forum yielded any helpful replies. I was hoping other REALTORS would jump in to give me their input.but............... it is what it is. We are headed up their shortly, my husband & I, to look at a few properties and/or business opportunities and I am thinking I will sit down with a few of the Real Estate Brokerages while I am there. I love that the company I am with now is Indepentent, family owned and operated. Small by no means though......... they are the largest Real Estate Comp. in Volusia County. We don't have desk fees, etc. We do have a higher commission split with our Broker though. I feel it is worth it. My brokerage pays for our signs, lock boxes, the computers and other office equipment & supplies we can freely use. They handle all of our paperwork. Except at our DeLand office we enter our own information into MLS. I prefer doing that. The brokerage has a huge advertising campaign and internet presence. I feel the higher split is worth what they cover. They are a great family and support system as well. I hope I can find a similar company/Real Estate Family in W. NC .

If any Realtors do respond......... please contact me (google Donna LaConte, you will find me) and let me know what you do or don't like about the Real Estate Company you are with. And your experiences at other Brokerages you may have been with in the past. I am looking around Waynesville & Asheville. Thanks! Donna

Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Tried to DM this, but couldn't because your DM is not available:

You might contact Susie Blackmon.
http://activerain.com/susieblackmon
She is a nice person, who recently relocated FROM Waynesville to Ocala, FL.

She can probably tell you about various brokerages in the W Carolina area, and give some input on the local market.

If you do talk to her, tell her I said Hey.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Tried to DM this, but couldn't because your DM is not available:

You might contact Susie Blackmon.
http://activerain.com/susieblackmon
She is a nice person, who recently relocated FROM Waynesville to Ocala, FL.

She can probably tell you about various brokerages in the W Carolina area, and give some input on the local market.

If you do talk to her, tell her I said Hey.

Thank you! I do have her as a friend on Facebook.......... I will have to get with her on this. I will tell her you said Hi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals