U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM

599 posts, read 940,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Why sorry?

Your input drew TampaKaren, who always provides wisdom, into the conversation.

I'm not a real estate professional so I shouldn't even be posting here. So sorry!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM

7,033 posts, read 11,166,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
I'm not a real estate professional so I shouldn't even be posting here. So sorry!
Not true at all! Anyone can post in this forum. Honestly the real estate questions and comments from the public generally get better information and feedback than on the general forum. We encourage you stay and post.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:39 PM

6,066 posts, read 8,466,224 times
If my buyer sees a home from the outside and doesn't want to go in, which is rare, I would suggest that we take a quick walk through because the sellers do expect an appointment to be kept.

If they don't want to go in, I will honor that, and will immediately call the seller or the agent (whomever I made the appointment with) and apologize that we're not able to keep our appointment. That is a professional courtesy that I feel is owed to all parties. And everyone is happy.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 AM

203 posts, read 549,829 times
Great response, Captain Bill. If I ever had the opportunity to choose an agent in your area, you're it!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 PM

665 posts, read 1,197,843 times
Just saw that this thread got resurrected. Condo never did sell. I am not really anxious to relist it either between the no-shows, sellers' difficulty in having the unit ready to show, and easy to access. Still, agent should call to at least let me know they didn't go in. Remember too, sellers may also leave so the buyers feel more comfortable during the showing. So you are really inconveniencing them.

Agents leaving cards is commonplace in my area. I had a combo lock on this particular unit, so its proof that they were there, along with all their contact info.

Only time I may no show with a buyer client is if the unit is vacant and I was going to use the lock box for access.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
I can't believe the nature of this business..after reading the pro's and con's of making appointments and then just blowing it off..I think you real estate agents are a bunch of cattle hurders..if you really knew your clients and the houses that were in the inventory you could sell a house without stepping on anyones toes..it sounds like the money is the only motivation for you..that will get you nowhere..Do some background work..take the time to ask some questions..be assertive but be professional..so far it looks like none of you are doing any of these things..

Old 05-24-2012, 05:07 PM

6,175 posts, read 11,602,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedaily View Post
I can't believe the nature of this business..after reading the pro's and con's of making appointments and then just blowing it off..I think you real estate agents are a bunch of cattle hurders..if you really knew your clients and the houses that were in the inventory you could sell a house without stepping on anyones toes..it sounds like the money is the only motivation for you..that will get you nowhere..Do some background work..take the time to ask some questions..be assertive but be professional..so far it looks like none of you are doing any of these things..
Actually it's more like herding cats.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I try my darndest to get to know my client's requirements and something about them personally. How fast do you think that happens? As for knowing the inventory, I not only know what's for sale, but where the property corners are, and probably a few details about the owner.

What makes you think we don't ask questions or do the "background" work? What makes you good at what you do? Is earning a living a good motivator?

Within showing 3 homes (or parcels of land) I have a pretty good idea of what works for the client and what doesn't. I've had people buy a house when they claimed to be looking for land and vice versa. The truth is buyers don't always know what they are looking for when they start looking and some are better than others at expressing themselves about what they like and don't like.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM

18,713 posts, read 17,480,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Actually it's more like herding cats.
I've had a family in town off & on the last few weeks who had never been to DFW, home of 7 million people and 26 cities within 20 miles of his work. What they thought they wanted shifted about 5 times ranging from about $350k to $650k, pool, no pool, big yard, etc

Topping this off was his 3 kids of 4, 2 and 9 months. Needless to say the 40-50 homes we've seen have been erratically scheduled and we've not always been able to keep our 1 hour windows. By the time we got to several homes late, they didn't even want to go inside.

At least cats have an idea on what they want in a home.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM

16,477 posts, read 31,244,927 times
I had the "best" excuse yesterday from a realtor who wanted to show my house. Due to my 3 large dogs and 3 indoor cats, I need a one hour window of time so I can have the place straightened and the animals corralled. I put the dogs outside and the cats in their cages. Once I let them in, i take the dogs down the driveway so they can see the patio/yard undisturbed.

This one called my agent 30 minutes after the appt. time to ask if they could still come. Not happy but I said yes. She breezes in saying they "got distracted." Now really, she knew at 4 pm, 4:15, 4:30 that they were running late. Why wait until 5 pm to call? And after all that, they were here a whopping 4-5 min. I think she was more interested in her client, a single guy, than in actually showing houses.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM

7 posts, read 7,746 times
We are really struggling with this issue here in DFW. We've had three no-shows in the past two weeks; all on weekends.

In a couple of cases, the realtors were just late and arrived after we returned home. Our garage door was up in both cases, so it was clear that we were home. In one case, the realtor rang the door bell, but quickly began letting himself in. In the other case, no door bell. This is really not cool and I'm wondering if its borderline a violation of a realtor's ethics.

No-shows aside, as a seller, it really feels like buyer's agents have forgotten that sellers are humans that have plans on weekends or they would like to enjoy some downtime at home. Sellers deserve some notice before a showing. They also deserve any courtesy that saves them time or inconvenience.

The realtor that was letting themselves in made no apologies and asked if we still wanted to show the home. It was as if he perceived himself to have this great power to deliver us a buyer no matter how ungraceful it all played out. It was really unprofessional.

A house is not just inventory. Its a home and sometimes people live there and they have lives. I'm sure this is not aimed at every realtor out there, but there are some who could plan better and learn how to treat others with much more respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals