Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Another thought, be ready to leave at a moment's notice, but don't walk out the door until you see the realtor pull up at the front on your house
That's the best advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM

19,433 posts, read 27,823,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suboz View Post

OK, I understand that things happen and the buyer has a change of mind. HOWEVER, we have prepped the house, turned on all lights, put on music, provided chilled water bottles &cookies. FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT, we've piled into the car with 2 dogs and gone to a park for an hour or, like yesterday in 102 degree heat, stayed in the car with the air conditioner running for the dogs safety (no indoor place to take them). If the heat wasn't bad enough, I was pretty steamed to get home and find that the scheduled time was a no show!
We had this happen when we were selling our AZ home. After the first time sitting in the car with the dog in the heat, I realized that we go pop over to Home Depot, Lowe's or PetSmart. All allow dogs on leashes and are air conditioned. The dog enjoyed it more than I did, of course.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 40,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousah View Post
As far as no-shows, there's no reason that a buyer's agent shouldn't call and formally cancel the appt. Other than that, the seller should have the expectation of having their house in showing condition all the time anyway, so no-shows should really affect them. It is indeed a hassle selling a house but the nature of the business is such that everyone really needs flexibility because agents are trying to make everyone happy and there's just not enough time in the day to accomodate everyone's special scheduling problems.
I had my house in show ready condition and had one agent repeatedly schedule showings from 5-7:30 and not show. I have 2 small children that go to bed around 7pm. This happening two days in a row with the same agent caused a lot of missed sleep for the entire family. This was horrifically rude of the agent to continue to do so. We told our agent we were not happy so she called the other agent, she simply said "they didn't get around to it" and yes, that is a legit issue. But she OBVIOUSLY did not know how to manage her time.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:52 AM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times
It only happens once to me a a seller. Make an appointment, then don't show or call? You won't be back in my house again. I don't want unprofessional, unethical people showing my house. Their broker is called and told that agent is banned from showing my home. I really don't care. Remember, it's your house, not theirs, these people are salespeople, no different than the used car lot down the street.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:19 AM

10,963 posts, read 21,978,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
It only happens once to me a a seller. Make an appointment, then don't show or call? You won't be back in my house again. I don't want unprofessional, unethical people showing my house. Their broker is called and told that agent is banned from showing my home. I really don't care. Remember, it's your house, not theirs, these people are salespeople, no different than the used car lot down the street.
I would hate to have you as a seller. Yes it's unprofessional but sometimes you just have to suck it up to sell the home.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,662,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Agents who leave cards in listings where I work risk the possibility of complaints for soliciting the listing. Leaving a card is frowned on here. What is the case in the OPs world?
Around here, it's considered polite for the showing agent to leave a card -- that way, the owner of the house knows immediately that someone was in their house, even with an electronic SUPRA. The SUPRA tells the agent, and if you have an auto feedback program, it will eventually tell the client. But around here, most sellers look for the card when there was supposed to be a showing.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,043 times
I now rate them on google+, yelp and others. They will soon learn what it means to be professional. I also hate it when they don't leave a business card. I have even had an agent leave the water running and the door open.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:45 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,900,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldream View Post
It would be wise for some of the real estate agents to put themselves in the sellers' shoes instead of repeating worthless excuses. Just because this unprofessional behavior is common does not mean it should be perpetuated. Just as you called to request permission to show, which effectively is a seller allowing you an opportunity to earn a commission paid by them in most cases, the same courtesy should be extended to let them know that you won't be coming by.

All it takes is to say "Mr/Mrs. Seller, I'm calling to cancel our previously scheduled showing, it didn't fit my clients needs. Thanks and I'll keep this home in mind for other buyers." This takes 10-15 seconds including dailing the number. If one can't do this, they should not mind being called unprofessional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinaroxwood View Post
I now rate them on google+, yelp and others. They will soon learn what it means to be professional. I also hate it when they don't leave a business card. I have even had an agent leave the water running and the door open.
Good idea... and smh..

One agent left all the lights on in house... I calmly went back and turned them off before we left. the professionalism can be kinda suspect at times among agents, considering a home is usually a person's largest investment. there should be classes in customer service and professionalism required every two years by the corporate office of the franchising system they are under.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:25 PM

455 posts, read 463,610 times
This. IS. Nothing. But. Rude. Unprofessional. Behavior! Even if the agent and buyers got food poisoning 10 minutes before the appointment, they can still text afterwards and apologize.

Old 04-14-2023, 02:52 PM

9,526 posts, read 16,510,276 times
I just went through this today. Appt scheduled The house is all ready and the lights all on. AC is kept cooler than I like it but I was told to keep it lower so it's on more when they come. This was my 2nd showing today and the 2nd never showed and did not canx. I do not need this type of treatment. It is expensive leaving lights on ac running all the time. Then finding a place to go to for these showings. Yes I'm annoyed and I don't want that agent in my home period. Any agent that does this find another home it won't be mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals