Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 AM

777 posts, read 2,379,255 times

Advertisements

I am having a problem with one of my condo listings. The last 4 showing appointments I had, the realtors all no showed with no phone call. My clients are going out of their way to clean and not be home for the showings. I don't get the lack of professionalism and courtesy by the other agents. There isn't any major defect that would cause an agent to pull up and not want to see the interior.

I am already having problems getting the unit shown, as my clients aren't very neat and need advance notice to show. We haven't had a lot of showings, and they have even turned down a few. Its on a lockbox and its difficult for me accompany all the showings, as I am a little out of the area.

Anyone else experienced this? Do I have to start calling these agents' managers and complain to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 AM

204 posts, read 845,547 times
Agents who make a showing appointment and then don't show or at least call to cancel are just about the rudest agents out there. There's just no excuse for being that thoughtless. It only takes a few seconds to call CSS and cancel.

Who do you complain to?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 AM

My manager suggested I complain to their managers. I don't feel like being a rat, not like they are going to do anything to the agent, but these other agents are making it even more difficult to get my clients' condo showing ready. Hope the new continuing education in place next year weeds out of the bad, lazy agents.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Why don't you call the agents like an hour before the scheduled showing to confirm they are still on?

Old 10-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Well that last agent, I called about an hour before the appointment, received her voice mail and left a message. Called her again, she lied about seeing the unit, said her clients didn't like it, and hung up. Classy and professional.

I get a call for a last second showing today and my clients turned it down. Making the unit even more difficult to show now.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 AM

195 posts, read 745,036 times
Unfortunately this happens, especially when you have a property that gets a lot of showings....more chances that one would cancel. Unfortunately a lot of agents lack the professionalism and overall courtesy that many of us others have. One suggestion is that if you are using CSS or whichever showing desk you are using, have the appointment scheduler instruct "if you are going to be late please call to let us know or will not make the appt please call to cancel as a courtesy to our sellers".

Last edited by AlicynD; 10-17-2010 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: mistype

Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 15,218 times
CSS should adopt a policy to automatically send a report to the Broker when agents don't call to cancel and don't show up. There is no excuse for this unprofessional behavior. Period. Maybe Brokers then have a policy to fine the agent if say, if an agent does this more than 3x per year.

It really does reflect badly upon the Broker's company AND the realtor.

I am hoping someone starts a website: realtorswhoarenoshows.com or realtorswhodontshowup.com
to publicly sham them.

The introduction page will be a notice to potential buyers and sellers that the realtors on these pages have exhibited rude and unprofessional behavior by not calling to cancel a showing appointment and they didn't show up after making an appointment with a seller/ CSS.

Maybe the website can track the realtors and show how many times a year they do this.

Then potential customers who see this report can make a second thought if they want to use a realtor who does this.

In addition, my advise to sellers is: At the time of accepting an appointment, tell CSS that the seller requires agents to call 20 minutes before arrival- Don't bother to leave until you get that call.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM

272 posts, read 606,731 times
I had a no show no call this week. My client was pretty steamed. After I called the other agent I got a lame excuse and a half hearted apology. There is no excuse!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9doglover View Post
CSS should adopt a policy to automatically send a report to the Broker when agents don't call to cancel and don't show up. There is no excuse for this unprofessional behavior. Period. Maybe Brokers then have a policy to fine the agent if say, if an agent does this more than 3x per year.

In addition, my advise to sellers is: At the time of accepting an appointment, tell CSS that the seller requires agents to call 20 minutes before arrival- Don't bother to leave until you get that call.
And how would CSS monitor no shows ?

I've had many clients pull up to a house and decide they did not like the house, the subdivision, etc and not want to go inside. I've had clients walk up to the front door and smell a house or not like it's condition. In my opinion, even if we did not go inside we saw the house.

Say I'm to show 4 houses between 2-3pm. Client gets sick, kid gets sick and they want to skip the last 2. By the time I call to cancel, many times it is after the showing time by the time you might get a call.

So in short, Things happen.

Also, if you make it difficult to see the house agents will not show it at all.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 PM

244 posts, read 633,958 times
I dislike rude people who don't call very much so I can sympathize even if I am not an agent.

That being said, is it possible the property has gotten a reputation? People setting up showings and then canceling when they hear more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals