Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:56 PM

15,562 posts, read 40,370,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marffeus View Post
No this property was purchased from the courthouse, so I think that means it is not REO. Is that what has caused this?

I thought homes purchased at auction on the courthouse steps by investors were exempt as well. The whole point of the waiver was to allow absorption of the foreclosure properties into the market. There was just a cap on resale price unless extensive work had been done and was documented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,040,135 times
I think the past 15 or so comments illustrate exactly the point the it's very difficult to keep up with these rule changes and nuances in the rules and the different ways the rules are interpreted and enforced by the various lenders and such.

Thus, returning to the OPs questions of "who is suppose to know this?", with regard to the 90 day rule, when it's hard to even know what the "this" is anymore, it's hard to know who's suppose to know. Your agent is no less knowledgeable than 99% of all agents AND lenders it seems, and that really is the fault of the law makers and the banks for screwing everything up so badly.

Steve

Old 11-20-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
I think the past 15 or so comments illustrate exactly the point the it's very difficult to keep up with these rule changes and nuances in the rules and the different ways the rules are interpreted and enforced by the various lenders and such.

Thus, returning to the OPs questions of "who is suppose to know this?", with regard to the 90 day rule, when it's hard to even know what the "this" is anymore, it's hard to know who's suppose to know. Your agent is no less knowledgeable than 99% of all agents AND lenders it seems, and that really is the fault of the law makers and the banks for screwing everything up so badly.

Steve

"This" is why wine and beer makers are probably doing well with real estate industry professionals...We all need a nice relaxing glass of wine at the end of the day.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:40 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,100,110 times
Quote:
Hello all,

For a house I made an offer on prior to the one I actually purchased, I felt the Agent was dishonest when I verbally agreed with the Agent that I would like Seller Concessions to be $5000. The Agent then increased the Offer amount by $5000 (as expected), but did NOT include anywhere in the contrFact the seller concessions of $5000. I had to terminate this contract (since the seller obviously accepted the sweet terms set forth by my Agent)
This bothers me and I think it's a huge mistake that is serious enough. Why doesn't this bother any of you other Realtors?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM

23 posts, read 27,992 times
The seller of the home is pretty upset by all of this (as am I). I cannot for the LIFE of me find anywhere on the HUD or FHA website where it explicitly states that our transactions falls within the bounds of this 90-day seasoning rule. All I find anywhere is the fact that this rule was suspended effective 2/2010 for one year.

Anyone think there's a chance I'm being given the run-around by our lender? Would it have anything to do with the sudden spike in mortgage interest rates and the lender trying to get more interest out of the deal?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
This bothers me and I think it's a huge mistake that is serious enough. Why doesn't this bother any of you other Realtors?

It does bother me, and I said the paperwork was sloppy. I don't think the agent was trying to be sneaky though.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The seller of the home is pretty upset by all of this (as am I). I cannot for the LIFE of me find anywhere on the HUD or FHA website where it explicitly states that our transactions falls within the bounds of this 90-day seasoning rule. All I find anywhere is the fact that this rule was suspended effective 2/2010 for one year.

Anyone think there's a chance I'm being given the run-around by our lender? Would it have anything to do with the sudden spike in mortgage interest rates and the lender trying to get more interest out of the deal?

On Monday get a couple of other referrals for other lenders and call them up and ask for a second and third opinion on your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals