U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM

341 posts, read 1,164,986 times
This is a hard time for a lot of Americans right now - we have always taught our children as we were taught "buy a home" be stable - it is tough to own a home - it takes discipline, hardwork. Living within your means and not trying to keep up with the Jones". I believe we are all hardworking and trying to do just that - but the mortgage people "shame on them" that encouraged people who were not quite "ready" - or those that their credit was just not"right" and "pushed them into a home. Why couldn't they have been honest and said - try next year, save a bit more money...
It's bad enough we are at war and all of our young Americans are fighting for what? and the Americans here are fighting to stay in their homes or trying to sell to keep their families alive..
DO we need this stress? Where is the government - are they trying to help? where is the banking commission are they trying to help?
we too have been on the market since Jan 2007 - 8 mos - and not even 10 people through, ARM 3/27
don't tell me to drop my price - did that
don't tell me to remodel - did that to some extreme
don't ask me if we are in the price range of the area - yes we are
As to most of us people in bad spots - we are okay on the pricing? and realtors will have you lower until it sells for THEM..
SIT tight and Stay STRONG - HOLD your price - get a second job - don't give your home away - your money that you worked hard for. We will all have to sacrifice - but sacrifice for yourself - not for the buyer, not for the bank, not for the realtor
It will happen again - it just needs to stabilize and those that can qualify or those that want to buy will - just keep your home updated, clean, and positive
I know this all sounds hard to some, unrealistic to some, but we must all band together - and fight for our families...
I am rambling so I shall sign off - but the stress is overcoming all of us and we need to not get ill over this housing crisis but unite... help our neighbors

Last edited by LVGAZ; 08-07-2007 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 3,052,842 times
Great post LVGAZ!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:01 PM

131 posts, read 9,493 times
I agree , stick to your guns! Some people want something nice for nothing! We too will soon be marketing our home. If we don't get a fair price offer we just won't sell until we do. Plain and simple. We are not in a spot that we have to sell. We just want to move on to our other home in Seattle that is
paid for. ( trying for early retirement) but we are willing to wait for a fair market to return if we must.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,854,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJoeFanatic View Post
So, knowing all you know...WHY, OH WHY, CAN'T WE SELL OUR HOME?
NO OFFERS AT ALL! Although, EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, says they are absolutely IN LOVE with our home!

What is wrong?
I have an opinion. I was going to keep it to myself until I saw how many people are just walking away and foreclosing.

Just live in your home for a while and ride it out. If your area is anything like ours, there are too many new homes that have been built and too many real estate agents. There are so many empty new homes around where I live it's sickening. You could house all of the homeless people in there. Come to think of it, that's the only thing that would enable me to sell our humble home.

Something's gotta give soon. The market will crash or we'll get back to 20% prime or something.

Good luck with that.

PS: You got a photo of your place on here somewhere?

Old 08-07-2007, 02:32 PM

97 posts, read 238,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You got a photo of your place on here somewhere?
Thank you for your comments... I appreciate them one and all!

Thanks for asking

Last edited by jimj; 08-11-2007 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 PM

6,527 posts, read 6,427,457 times
I was watching the Today show this morning and Jim Cramer was their guest. He says what you are experiencing is going on all over our country and the Federal Reserve needs to give people some help when they reconvene. So you are doing nothing wrong! It's a nationwide problem. He was quite adamant about that. Then they had a woman on that was giving tips to people who cannot sell their homes. I was listening carefully for any morsel that might help you and she suggested renting your house until the real estate market recovers. That way you don't lose money on your house and can still proceed with your plans to buy the new house. I don't know if this is an option for you or if this helps you, but I've been in your shoes, and I want things to work out for you.
I am praying for you.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM

7,179 posts, read 10,773,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I was watching the Today show this morning and Jim Cramer was their guest. He says what you are experiencing is going on all over our country and the Federal Reserve needs to give people some help when they reconvene. So you are doing nothing wrong! It's a nationwide problem. He was quite adamant about that. Then they had a woman on that was giving tips to people who cannot sell their homes. I was listening carefully for any morsel that might help you and she suggested renting your house until the real estate market recovers. That way you don't lose money on your house and can still proceed with your plans to buy the new house. I don't know if this is an option for you or if this helps you, but I've been in your shoes, and I want things to work out for you.
I am praying for you.

The Feds left interest rates unchanged today:

Fed Leaves Key Interest Rate Unchanged - Forbes.com (broken link)

But honestly I wouldn't trust anything Jim Cramer says. The guy is a whack job. Just in 2006 he said there was no such thing as a housing bubble.

YouTube - Jim Cramer on Housing Part 2

Then he just goes on The Street the other day and not only claims the bubble has burst, he suggests people should just walk away from their homes, period.

YouTube - Cramer says "just walk away"

Last edited by magellan; 08-07-2007 at 05:35 PM..

Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 PM

97 posts, read 238,670 times
Another Update: For the past month and a half, I have been in e-mail correspondance with a couple from another state in regards to our house. They were asking all the "right" questions...like, can the fireplace be switched from wood burning to gas? What kind of material is the upstairs tub made out of? Is there an area in the yard where we can fence in our dog? How deep is the sink in the kitchen? You know, the kind of questions a person wants answers to when they are serious and have already gotten the "basics" of the house (sq ft, bed/bath, upgrades, etc)

So anyway, it seemed like a possibility until about 3 weeks ago, when she sent word that their situation had changed, and they were not going to be able to move as soon as they thought, maybe not even this year or next, so she was heartbroken and very sorry, but it was over.

Now, keep in mind, they had never been to the house to see it...however, they are VERY familiar with the exterior and the neighborhood, as they use to live here right up the street and had always admired this house from a far. Plus, I sent her about 40 additional interior photos of things women require in a home, such as large closets, pantry space, etc... and men's things like the workshop, garage, etc.

Forward to today. I get word that they will fly in next Friday to see the house and that they are sending relatives over this Sunday to our Open House to see it. (One of the sisters has already been here to "check it out" about a month ago).

Please, please, please cross your fingers for us. We are so due for some good news for a change!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,712,028 times
Default Wow, I can't believe this, either!

This house is still for sale?! At this price?! I don't know anything about your market (just stumbled across this thread while searching for something else), but you didn't have a bubble going, I believe... This is a beautiful house! FSBO, and particularly now, wasn't a good idea. I also wouldn't buy FSBO because I feel more comfortable with an agent through the process, but you did offer 3% to buyer's agents...

I'm not familiar with old houses, either, but I'd imagine most of the properties there would be the same. It certainly looks very nice. Could it have some other issues...? Here in AZ between 1978 (around this year, may not remember correctly) and 1995 polybutylene pipes were used and people are very reluctant to buy houses built during this time unless the plumbing's been replaced. Gee, something just occurred to me! Is it possible that you have any sex offenders in the neighborhood? People can search for them nowadays. Too many foreclosures?

I can only say what numerous other posters have said - beam it up here! I know... not much help... Good luck!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 AM

566 posts, read 2,098,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
...she suggested renting your house until the real estate market recovers. That way you don't lose money on your house and can still proceed with your plans to buy the new house. I don't know if this is an option for you or if this helps you, but I've been in your shoes, and I want things to work out for you.
If only doing this was as easy as the "experts" say it is. There are rules in the lending world that pertain to how and when you can account for the rental income you earn each month. Just b/c you rent your old home for 1500/month doesn't mean you are entitled to claim that entire amount on your next loan application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals