Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,982,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
But shouldn't that have been disclosed?
If they had personal knowledge of it. New construction is exempt from using the NC residential disclosure forms. Most folks don't get inspections on new construction.

As a buyer's agent I do things like look in crawlspaces and talk to neighbors. I want my buyer clients to not have any surprises. My business depends on happy clients giving me referrals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,991,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
If they had personal knowledge of it. New construction is exempt from using the NC residential disclosure forms. Most folks don't get inspections on new construction.
Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea. I have purchased new homes, and paid for inspections. Some of them had a lot more issues than older homes I've purchased. Home builders aren't always perfect and certainly not always ethical.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,223,917 times
Most of my buyers get new construction inspected. If they choose not to get it done before closing, I tell them to get it done before their one year builder's warranty is up. I prefer they do it before closing but sometimes they don't listen to me!!!

Vicki

Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM

158 posts, read 523,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
Thank you for the replies. So say a few realtors showed a house and saw what they thought were negative attributes, would they communicate that to other realtors, to kind of "blacklist" the house and steer their buyers away from it? I recall once being shown a house that had another listing in the neighborhood, but our realtor would not even show us the other house because it was "terrible." Or am I being too cynical, that realtors just want to sell a house and it doesn't matter to them which one it is?
It really depends on the issue. It can't be summed up in such a generalization. I will show my buyers the best houses that meet their needs first and if none of those work I cast a bigger net. Usually the best priced properties are shown the most... If I know something is in poor shape or overpriced MY DUTY to my Buyer is make my buyers aware of these issue followed by "but I would be more than happy to show it to you".

Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 PM

143 posts, read 431,228 times
What cobble said.

No matter what house I'm showing, I always point out negative things that my client may or may not notice. High tension wires, busy street, construction going on nearby, etc. If I am representing the seller, I include it in my Agent Visual Inspection Disclosure.

Of course I live in CA, the land of lawsuits. Developers have a MUCH higher standard of disclosure than a regular homeowner does. I once worked in a neighborhood that backed to a busy street and high tension power lines, and was across the street from a military base that was about to be closed. My disclosure said that the power lines may cause cancer in children and that the military base might become a prison or a dog pound. Good times. It became a beautiful park.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM

172 posts, read 292,802 times
You mean like "the poop house" or the "pink house" ? Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals