Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM

64 posts, read 251,085 times

Advertisements

Well my house has been on the market since April 12. We started out with 339.00 some looker... Then went down to 329.999. Some lookers.

All the people love the house it's new 4 years old..

Look on realtor .com mls id 07-440.

Now we want to go down to 317.999.. We are offering 2000.00 to the seller's agent.. And a home warranty.

My agent not one time has said to reduce it's like she does not know what the market is like? We also told her we would pay for the closing cost she said no that someone who is going to buy our house has the money for the cc.

We are out of state due to job relocation.

Some advise do you think now with this reduction it will sell?

The kitchen is hugh with Island so is the Master bedroom all the rooms in fact.

We are on 1.64 lot.

Great schools.

Location in a small town in Pa. Private community.. absolutely beautiful...

The agent took terrible pictures of the house inside...I told her to retake all those pictures.

Please help we are out of state and the house is empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 AM

92 posts, read 393,664 times
Can you give the MLS # again, b/c it did not come up with that number. What town is it located in?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM

No advertising please>Town is lehighton pa. IT's going to come up on about page 5..

5bedrooms 3 full baths.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jimj; 08-13-2007 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,160,659 times
The $2000 to the buyers agent, is that a bonus or is that all that you are offering? Wasn't clear on that.

If that's all you're offering then it's WAY too low! If it's a bonus on top of their 3%, then that's cool.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
The $2000 to the buyers agent, is that a bonus or is that all that you are offering? Wasn't clear on that.

If that's all you're offering then it's WAY too low! If it's a bonus on top of their 3%, then that's cool.
No my agent is getting 6 percent. And the selling agent is getting 2000.00 bonus...

Any thoughts????

Is it just the market?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM

8 posts, read 75,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest drive View Post
Town is lehighton pa. IT's going to come up on about page 5..

5bedrooms 3 full baths.

Thanks in advance

Hang in there forest drive. I just had a buyer who bought in the Bear Creek Lakes area(Jim Thorpe)not too far from the home that your selling. That home was on the market for a while. There are many homes in your price point that have been on the market longer than yours. In that area, your home is almost considered "high end" so there are limited buyers who are buying in that price range. You are in an area where you can still buy 1 acre of raw land for under $50,000 (some less) and homes are still available for under $150,000. I do agree that the pictures do not do any justice for the home. I can't make out the kitchen which is a key feature in selling a home. Those photos definitely need changing.
I wish you all the best.

Last edited by jimj; 08-13-2007 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: advertising mls numbers

Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM

79 posts, read 210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest drive View Post
No my agent is getting 6 percent. And the selling agent is getting 2000.00 bonus...

Any thoughts????

Is it just the market?
YOUR AGENT IS GETTING 6% AND THE AGENT THAT BRINGS THE BUYER IS ONLY GETTING $2,000. BONUS? IS THAT CORRECT? OR IS YOUR AGENT SPLITTING THAT 6% (LISTING AGENT 3%, SELLING AGENT 3%)?

CAUSE I DO NOT KNOW ANY AGENT WHO WILL SHOW YOUR $300,000+ HOME FOR $2,000. THEY ARE GOING TO SHOW THE HOUSE WITH THE SPLIT COMMISSION.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:08 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,254 times
He's paying a 6% commission on the listing that is split by the broker and then he's offering a $2000 bonus to the selling office. I think it's pretty clear what he's saying.
Yes, it's the market. There is sooo much on the market and sooo much negative press about real estate. There is also great tightening on the mortgage industry which has reduced the buyer pool. Hang in there. By the way...since you are out of the area, you might want to start distributing flyers where you are..you never know if you might catch someone where you are looking to move to where you were or know someone looking to do so. You'll be hitting a pool of people that your realtor probably wouldn't reach.
Can't hurt.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Thank you everybody for the advise.

We will be hoping it happens soon.

Thanks again.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstellar View Post
Hang in there forest drive. I just had a buyer who bought in the Bear Creek Lakes area(Jim Thorpe)not too far from the home that your selling. That home was on the market for a while. There are many homes in your price point that have been on the market longer than yours. In that area, your home is almost considered "high end" so there are limited buyers who are buying in that price range. You are in an area where you can still buy 1 acre of raw land for under $50,000 (some less) and homes are still available for under $150,000. I do agree that the pictures do not do any justice for the home. I can't make out the kitchen which is a key feature in selling a home. Those photos definitely need changing.
I wish you all the best.
If you do get any buyers in my price range please don't forget us.

The school is also Jim Thorpe if you get any buyers..Very good school by the was..

Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals