Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You can get houses like that in Portland Oregon and Seattle, WA. Not all places ban small lots and small houses. There is an entire development going into Portland right now and I think the homes are 350-600 sq feet.

Just because it might now be in the OP's city doesn't mean that other cities don't see the value of small homes. They are typically a special development of all small homes that have some common space to keep it green. The ones in Portland are kind of cool, I think.
The OP said rural area which makes me think he's talking about an area outside the city. What about further in? There may be options where he is in another area. I think a lot of developers see the advantage of creating a subdivision with very small lots because you can sell more homes that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
So towns that allow smaller lots are somehow less wealthy than those that do not? That's just not true.
No it isn't true. That was in response the OP's claim that the poor are discriminated against. That actually isn't true at all. There are many services for the poor and ways for them to get things without costs. And I don't see any wealthy people receiving housing assistance or financing assistance from the government to buy a home. Such things exist. My niece is a young single person and found a program that paid all of her closing costs and fixed up the house for her. Discrimination? I don't think so.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:20 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
I feel this discussion is similar to our three puppies as they grow up. While there is not one of the three that is the everytime target, all three are in a quest for dominance. Each wants to be Alpha.

Fair and just criticism is good for even those being criticized. The NAR is certainly due great criticism for many of its efforts. I will be the first to blast them for being involved in the healthcare debate, but over 30% of Realtors are uninsured for various reasons. I am in agreement that healthcare needed to be fixed, we just got the wrong fix. But that is not the reason for this thread.

I find it sad that while there are horrible people who call themselves Realtors, there are 100's of thousands of Realtors who are outstanding citizens and practioners of their trade. Why not praise them rather than blast those who are not truly worthy of the Realtor badge?

I find the trolling members of this particular thread are typically "on-agenda" just like a dog is "on-the-hunt." You are not beneficial to society by just jumping on. You may have been personally damaged by one or even more bad real estate licensees, for that, I am very saddened; however, what most young liberals don't understand is that any trade, skill, or business will be alive when it offers a value for its cost. A million American's are members of the National Association of Realtors. When our services and expertises are no longer valuable, then just like stage coach drivers, we'll either adapt or go down into one of history's vaults.

I proudly defend my business and my personal efforts to serve people's needs in the housing industry.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM

I would like to say one other thing. As far as the whole "salesperson" thing. It really sin't the same thing as say, being a car salesman. The car guy has to sell what is on that lot or makes nothing. We aren't limited like that as Realtors. We can find what the client wants without being limited to one area or one town even. There is no reason to push anything. A house will sell itself or not. And I have never told anyone it is a great time to buy. I don't even have to tell them prices are low, because they already know it and have decided to buy before contacting me. And then I assist them because it is my job.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I would like to say one other thing. As far as the whole "salesperson" thing. It really sin't the same thing as say, being a car salesman. The car guy has to sell what is on that lot or makes nothing. We aren't limited like that as Realtors. We can find what the client wants without being limited to one area or one town even. There is no reason to push anything. A house will sell itself or not. And I have never told anyone it is a great time to buy. I don't even have to tell them prices are low, because they already know it and have decided to buy before contacting me. And then I assist them because it is my job.
Everybody knows. It is merely a trolling term to bother you, to get in a cheap shot.
Whether it hurts consumers or not is not a consideration, as long as the cheap shot is registered.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:03 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
...Earlier this week I had one tell me I needed to hurry and sign the BINR and get it back to the seller. That would have negated my right to ensure that the corrections had been made. ...
I think you meant BINSR (in AZ) (Buyer Inspection Notice and Seller Response form). There is a deadline to submit the BINSR to notify the seller of your intentions after inspection. If you do not submit a signed BINSR by the deadline, then you waive your right to cancel based on inspections. Signing does not negate your right to ensure corrections are made unless you agreed not to require corrections. The contract stipulates when agreed corrections must be done with your right to review repair receipts and the actual repairs.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Everybody knows. It is merely a trolling term to bother you, to get in a cheap shot.
Whether it hurts consumers or not is not a consideration, as long as the cheap shot is registered.
Hey I'm a salesperson and I'm damn proud of it. Of course I'm a little different than the rest of you GB's

But as other have said in this thread, people walk into my office looking to buy a home. I'm not tricking them into buying anything. Either you buy or you don't.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
Hey I'm a salesperson and I'm damn proud of it. Of course I'm a little different than the rest of you GB's

But as other have said in this thread, people walk into my office looking to buy a home. I'm not tricking them into buying anything. Either you buy or you don't.
Hey, Big Boy, I've seen how you bat your eyes and walk your walk.....

Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hey, Big Boy, I've seen how you bat your eyes and walk your walk.....
MIKE.....dude. Don't go sharing ALL of my industry secrets.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
MIKE.....dude. Don't go sharing ALL of my industry secrets.
LOL
I'm sure you have more than I have seen....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals