Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,381,208 times

Advertisements

Need advice as a couple i am working for, have been renting and according to information supplied, have now been served eviction notice and have learned that the owner was foreclosed on as was not making payments. Does anyone have any experience, with working with and seeing that an extension could be allowed as my clients will be willing to pay some rent, until we can get them in their own house, which is taking longer as we are only able to purchase with owner carrying the loan. Thanks and appreciate all input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,974,296 times
Here you go....

Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financ.../fil09056a.pdf

Old 02-05-2012, 05:26 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,577,338 times
^^ Yes, this. Fortunately, tenants now have rights and some protection against deadbeat landlords and lenders. IF, they've been paying rent and they have an enforceable lease, I don't think they can be evicted.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,554,308 times
Ditto above. The renters would have at least 90 days to vacate, more if they have a valid lease that is longer and a buyer will not be occupying the property.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,381,208 times
thanks for the great responses. I will be using this for my clients good and let you know what the Mortgage Company does!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM

982 posts, read 3,481,174 times
It depends on the laws in your state. In VA, the amount of time tenants are allowed to remain in the property depends partially on when the lease was signed along with some other factors (is rent competitive?, can tenants truly afford rent?, does it make more sense to sell the property or continue renting? what is tenant's credit like, etc.) If the tenants have bad credit, the bank will most likely want them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
Need advice as a couple i am working for, have been renting and according to information supplied, have now been served eviction notice and have learned that the owner was foreclosed on as was not making payments. Does anyone have any experience, with working with and seeing that an extension could be allowed as my clients will be willing to pay some rent, until we can get them in their own house, which is taking longer as we are only able to purchase with owner carrying the loan. Thanks and appreciate all input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals