Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 PM

940 posts, read 1,365,544 times

Advertisements

I listed my home with a great realtor! She came to our house, helped us stage it,help out with the pricing, and great marketing skills I might add!! A very good down to earth realtor, I could not have been more happier with my choice. ( She is from a very well known company). Well, here is my problem. About 2 weeks into signing with her, her husband became very ill. She keep me informed about his condition, but then last Friday I got a call from someone in her office telling me she would be taking over until my realtor and her husband figured out what they were going to do with his condition. She left off with "we'll call you if we get a contract".
In the meantime, I had an open house with another realtor that filled in with mine. 2 couples showed up one couple was placing there furniture around my home and was very excited. The other couple was talking about bringing a contractor over to see if they can extend the kitchen. I asked the newly appointed realtor to please get feedback, well she never called me back.
OK, now I have 2 other showing (appointments) called her back after with the phone # of the agents (left mess on her cell) and asked her to please call me back with feedback. That was last weekend I still haven't heard from her.
Today I had another showing the showing agent calls me on my cell to tell me that I should have been told that he cannot let himself in because his keyless entry was not for here or something like that so I had to go back home and let him in! I don't know if I should call her, I really don't care to but, as a seller of course you want to hear anything bad or good!
I guess you can tell I'am very unhappy! My question is should I bother the realtor that I first went with, with the now sick husband or do I go to the broker and explain to them? Or I'am I wrong to expect for this woman to call me back with feedback? Please help me I'am very confused.
Also, while all this is going on she did call me another time, another realtor called her and ask if I would like to go on the show House Hunters, she wasn't really helpful with helping me make up my mind, so at first I told her no, but 1/2 hour later I called her back and left a message and told her I'd do it.............. Guess what............ NO CALL BACK!!!
So sorry so long but, really confused!!

Last edited by kickinbackfl; 09-08-2007 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,294,945 times
kickinbackfl - YES! Your realtor (whoever in the world that may be) should be providing you feedback. They should be calling these apparently interested people's agents and keeping your home in front of them as THE home to buy.

It's too bad your original agent couldn't hang in there. I think you have two options at this point - either call your original agent, whom I'm sure will not be pleased that the agent covering for her is neglecting her listings. Or call the broker. I'd probably be most apt to call the broker, because it sounds like there's several agents involved here and nobody appears to care a hoot about getting your house sold. (Maybe not enough $$$ in it for them??? - just doing a favor??? - Who knows?) Insist that the broker assign ONE agent to handle your listing, and make sure it's someone that you meet with and that you're satisfied with. Otherwise you may have to pull your listing and go with a brand new agent. (I'd give your original agent a call, though, and determine whether or not she'll be able to take care of her listings herself before long. If this is looking like it's long term, you might be better off with someone new.)

Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 PM

Gretchen, Thank you sooo much for you quick response, you have no idea how much I appricate your kindness. This is driving me out of my mind and it is such a weight off of my chest to hear that someone else agrees with me!! I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,294,945 times
Hope you get this resolved! Be a "squeaky wheel" if that's what it takes to get somebody to listen to you.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:48 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,875,854 times
I suggest you call the broker. I'm pretty sure he's the one who assigned it to begin... call the broker and let him know what is going on.
And send a little get well card to the agent's husband.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:13 AM

23,809 posts, read 33,297,760 times
If it was me, I would type up a fax, sending copies to the broker & original agent, this way it is in writing. In this market, do you really have time to play phone tag and what if the original agent can't return the call because they are at the hospital from morning till night? If she has your email addy, she can at least respond when she has time. If you have her email addy, you can send what you type out via email & fax so she is sure to get it. Be sympethetic to her situation, saying you do not blame her as it is out of her hands but that you were keeping her in the loop since it was originally her listing.

My dad had cancer. I can't tell you how little time I had but I was able to bring a laptop with me to type out a mass email update that I would send when I got home. I was leaving for the hospital as soon as my daughter got on the bus and coming home some times at 11pm. Did the agent give you any clue as to what health problems the hubby has?

I agree, what you are going through is unacceptable. For my 1st open house, it took over 24 hours to get feedback, I was pretty hot. I understand opens don't sell houses, but still. My agent was great sending me feedback via email after showings though.

Be sure to give a time frame to get this matter taken care of so that you can move on.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:00 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,819,425 times
I agree with the others, it sounds like the new agent has an agenda, and selling your house isn't on it!! I would talk to the broker and see if a change can't be made.

On another note regarding feedback: I always caution my sellers that I may not get any feedback for a couple of days. Unfortunately, if the buyers agent is out all day for a couple of days, we may not be at the top of their list to give us that important feedback. It is a professional courtesy that we do for each other. Some agents are better at that courtesy than others....

Shelly

Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,269,479 times
Wow! If Murphy's law ever existed, it has for you. As the principal broker of a small firm in Kentucky, I will tell you that I would want to know every detail of your situation. I can not imagine any broker worth his/her salt that would find your situation allowable. Don't pass Go, Go directly to the broker, immediately and without demanding, simply ask one question, "please, tell me what you can and will do to remedy this situation?" Yes, the end result is important, but we all like a great doctor who has good beside manner too.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,983,635 times
Go directly to the Broker. If the Broker thinks it's appropriate to contact your original Agent (he'll know the health situation better) then he can do it. Otherwise just explain "hey, I understand that this situation is a difficult one and that another Agent had to be assigned. But.....I'm just not comfortable right now with how I'm being represented. Nothing personal but I expect return calls at the very least. I wouldn't have to be a pain if someone would just call me back. I don't believe I'm being overly demanding."
You're not being demanding. You have a right to expect good service from not only your Realtor but every Realtor in that agency.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:14 PM

O.k. this could possibly become long again, so my apologies in advanced!!!! I called my original realtor,(feeling I owed her, being she asked this new realtor (top in the office) to please help her out. So, yesterday I left a message on her cell. I said I was having a bit of a problem with the new realtor and if she had the time to please call me back. She called me back right away. I explained to her the story and also asked if I was the only one complaining and she admitted no. She then told me how truly sorry she was, that the realtor involved said that she would take care of everything, and how she didn't understand why she was not giving back feed back because we all know things are not that busy. But anyway, she asked me to get together with someone she feels would work in our best interest, and we did I like the woman alot and now I hope we can all move on.
I must say that in this womans worst times she can still think of someone else!!! She knew that before her, we had our house on the market with another top company, and the woman that we listed with sold her own home and left the state, expecting us to keep her, but, I felt she left everyone else to do her job. The whole time my oringinal realtor kept on telling me that all she thought about is how she is making us go thru this all over again!!!
In her and her husbands honor, I have to pass the word on that she has said to me, "please listen to your body, make appointments for you physicals"! Her husband was being treated for back pain. Sciatic (sp?). It turned out to be pancreatic cancer that spread to his liver and spleen. When you hear the saying "bad things happen to good people", it really couldn't be more true in this case!!!

I want to thank all for your replies and I want to also apologize for bringing everyone down, I just am trying to understand why this happened to such a wonderful person and maybe it is....to get the word out and just take care of yourself first and then take care of others. This is such a sad day for me I'am sorry for bringing to others down, I really just needed to get this off of my chest, because I just can't understand it, any of it!!
ps I know, my spelling stinks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals