U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,716,924 times
I focus on listings since I don't want to be driving customers around all weekend. I contact fsbos (signs, internet , penny saver, newspaper), expired listings and I do regular mailings to my neighborhood and the 2 surrounding subdivisions. I get leads generated through my company's website, doing open houses, and being friendly with agents in my company's offices in other parts of the state. I am going to start to market to some first time buyers by teaming up with my favorite mortgage person and have events at nice rental communities.

I do regular business lunches and go out for drinks on Fridays with friends that are financial planners, teachers, in the arts, personal trainer and so on and tell them to bring along someone I don't know. Most of my SOI under 25 since we all just graduated college and some of their parents, my old teachers, old coaches and neighbors. I don't have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM

627 posts, read 1,441,815 times
Most of my leads and buyers come from my website that I built and maintain myself from fatcow.com
Once I figured out how to build it and get it on google, it's been the most valuable asset of my business.

I had a customer come in the other day as he found a "listing" (which is wasn't) for a $2,000 home in Durango. He had to fill out a contact page and wait for someone to call him. The broker that called him kept blowing off the property telling him he didn't want it as it would really cost about a half million. He was confused on this and brought it to me. There were 4 properties posted like that.
I had to do a search and destroy mission to find the broker and a phone number. I finally was able to contact the broker and grill him over the properties. After a few days of this, he finally admitted he wasn't trying to sell those properties. It was just a lead generator that he paid to be on and he didn't know a thing about those properties and would have to research them. He finally researched them, none of them were really for sale.
I didn't like the tatic, it was very difficult trying to get a handle on those properties and who was selling them and I wouldn't use it. But.... the question was where did the leads come from. There's one.

I like Zmehappy's idea. I kind of had something like that going on my website but it was just a note saying if I don't have what you're looking for, send me a note of what you want and I'll contact you if I find it. That got so cumbersome with emails and phone calls I finally took that off. Now that business is slow I could sure use those leads again. Good reminder, think I'll put that back on.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 AM

412 posts, read 700,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperk View Post
Most of my leads and buyers come from my website that I built and maintain myself from fatcow.com

I like Zmehappy's idea. I kind of had something like that going on my website but it was just a note saying if I don't have what you're looking for, send me a note of what you want and I'll contact you if I find it. That got so cumbersome with emails and phone calls I finally took that off. Now that business is slow I could sure use those leads again. Good reminder, think I'll put that back on.
If you would like to utilize the wish list program I provide it for Free. In the name of avoiding spam on CT, just contact me through my profile and I'll point you to the program and give you a site where you can try a test wish list. The agents, builders and mortgage brokers who have already added the program love the detail and the leads that only come to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals