Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM

551 posts, read 3,121,559 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm finishing my salesperson license and, in the meantime, I want to get the groundwork laid for my website. My goal is to work in sales for two years (the minimum required in Missouri), then become a broker. With that in mind, I want to come up with a name that's catchy, and that I can keep as I (hopefully) grow in my career. I want to stay away from generic BobSmithRealty.com names, because I think that with so many agents out there, it's impossible remember someone's name (plus, my last name is hard to spell). So, I'm thinking about going with something that reflects what I hope to be my niche: urban properties in the city and environmentally-friendly properties. The words "green," "urban," and "city" keep coming to mind, but I can't come up with anything catchy. Does anyone have any ideas? Or, do any of you seasoned pros have any tips for branding yourself? Anything you wish you would have done from the get-go? Being new to the game, I want to get things right the first time! Looking forward to what you guys have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,984,009 times
I wanted the same thing when I was setting up my brokerage.

I ended up coming up with about 5 names that I thought were pretty good and then I set up a survey on Survey Monkey and sent it to everyone I knew. I let people comment, anonymously, on all the names, rank the names, etc. Based on that I chose a business name and went with it. I get compliments on my business cards every time I hand one out, so I think it worked.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Good idea with using Survey Monkey! What did you ultimately go with?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,296,816 times
Branding yourself? Doesn't that hurt?

Posted while listening to the cowbells on the cows a half mile away from the office.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:34 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,304,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post

Posted while listening to the cowbells on the cows a half mile away from the office.
Wow, I hope the OP will understand that your humor has so much more than a great belly laugh.

It is almost as a religious or political faith. One national firm is spreading its dogma that personal branding is the only way to go. Facts just do not follow that legacy.

If I may, let me share. Let's pretend that we are 100 people in 100 cars going on a 500 mile trip. Now as we drive down the interstate, as we all probably have done, there comes a time that we'll need to stop for fuel and a bit of food. So, off the interstate we all go. At the end of the ramp the sign points to several nationally known franchised brands such as McDonalds, Wendy's, & Subway. There is also the Diner, Drive-in, or Dive (ddi) just featured on the Food Network with phenominal food. How many people of the 100 will know about the ddi? How many will pass the exceptional food for the McDonalds, Wendys, or Subway? If branding didn't matter, 25 would go to each.

What is your experience? Think about personal branding prior to starting your real estate career. I have been both ways.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Ha! I'm envisioning the Fair Housing logo right on my forearm now!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,136,721 times
I think that "urban" and "city" mean the same thing, so you don't need both words in the name. "Green" could be insinuated into the logo either with a green color, or the image of a leaf. How about "Fresh City Realty"?

I hope you'll get more ideas.

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,296,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Nelson View Post
"Fresh City Realty"
This house is stale, don't you have any fresh ones?

Sorry, I'm 3 hours away from a week long vacation and I'm in smart azz mode.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM

15,567 posts, read 40,394,510 times
Quote:
This house is stale, don't you have any fresh ones?

Sorry, I'm 3 hours away from a week long vacation and I'm in smart azz mode.
Ha. I had visions of Febreeze when I read that name.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM

15,567 posts, read 40,394,510 times
Okay after joking about Sandy's attempt to be nice and helpful...here are my ideas for you

Urban Life Real Estate

GreenLife Realty

after that...I got nothin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals