Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:41 PM

43,020 posts, read 76,519,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I am not misleading any one. YOU MUST BE. Per agents who have churned through a local KW office, there are two levels of tech fees at the local office to get the KW lead/transaction management system.

All three local offices charge for private space, as I do too.

So, are you telling me that KW does have other sources of income that doesn't come from commission revenue, but you can't tell me what they are? Oops, pretty lame Mike. Pretty lame.

I have never intentional misled anyone, but especially when it comes to the income which their families require to live on. You are showing your stripes, Mr. Jaquish. If the only way you can achieve your argument is to degrade me, you must not be able to stand on your own.

Sheesh.
No, Tom, I asked you to prove your assertion that commission is the only source of revenue. That goes to the crux of the topic: Whether information is from a good source or is merely gossip.

If "Showing my stripes" is a swipe at reasonable integrity, I will live with the accusation. Comfortably so.

I believe a business should quote the cost of its own business, and let others quote the costs of their business. Misunderstandings born of aggressive lack of knowledge and gossip would be greatly minimized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:46 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,649,862 times
One of my dearest friends started her own real-estate business. She was a very bright woman and a real go-getter; I promised her that, when I sold my house, she'd be the realtor I'd use. She went thru a lot with her privately-owned business; webpage development alone (with constant changes) was costing her a fortune, even during the housing boom.

Keller-Williams wanted an office in her location, and she became a Keller-Williams associate. The benefits were immediate as well as long lasting. Her K-W group just won several in-house and realtor awards; and they donate a lot of $$ and time to children, shelters for abused women, etc. She is so glad to represent them and be a part of that - something she couldn't do on her own.

Oh, yeah, and she DID sell my house - after the housing crash, and when it was practically impossible for any nonentity to get bank loans in that area. K-W taught her that there is more than one way to finance - and not with the cheesy balloon or ARM mortgages, but decent and legal ways so that no one gets hurt. Not to mention that we had some weird requirements; i.e., to pay our daughter a sum for prepping the house for sale, etc - and she made sure that all of the paperwork was done quickly and right. I can't say enough good things about her - or the support she got from K-W.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,258,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Sheesh.
No, Tom, I asked you to prove your assertion that commission is the only source of revenue. That goes to the crux of the topic: Whether information is from a good source or is merely gossip.

If "Showing my stripes" is a swipe at reasonable integrity, I will live with the accusation. Comfortably so.

I believe a business should quote the cost of its own business, and let others quote the costs of their business. Misunderstandings born of aggressive lack of knowledge and gossip would be greatly minimized.
It makes no difference. The point was the statement, which comes from KW-HQ, that profit sharing does not come from agent commissions. I contend that unless there is income from a source that KW does not share with it's recruits, there is no other place than the gross commission income produced by agent activities.

That is all that I contended, and still hold to be disproved.

Yes, you are showing your stripes that you can't argue with full disclosure, a typical point that we know here in the Louisville KY market. So, since I can't measure your integrity, you'll just have to decide for yourself.

I will stand absolutely on one fact, while there may be RE/MAX offices and agents who are not at the top of the real estate game, as a brand, "No one sells more real estate than RE/MAX."

Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
It makes no difference. The point was the statement, which comes from KW-HQ, that profit sharing does not come from agent commissions. I contend that unless there is income from a source that KW does not share with it's recruits, there is no other place than the gross commission income produced by agent activities.

That is all that I contended, and still hold to be disproved.

Yes, you are showing your stripes that you can't argue with full disclosure, a typical point that we know here in the Louisville KY market. So, since I can't measure your integrity, you'll just have to decide for yourself.

I will stand absolutely on one fact, while there may be RE/MAX offices and agents who are not at the top of the real estate game, as a brand, "No one sells more real estate than RE/MAX."

I'm quite comfortable with my integrity, Tom. It is a personal attribute that would make me feel very very ashamed if I was repeatedly caught routinely spreading misinformation about another brand.

I don't see an "argument" in asking for clarification of misinformation. If the misinformation had the support of the misinformer with fact, it would no longer be MISinformation, would it? I don't see why I should have to disclose to clarify something that was not worth honestly investigating before splattering on the internet.

Regardless, here is some disclosure, to help on the path to righteousness and accuracy:
Since my average monthly bill is $45, I am still waiting to be informed how KW squeezes "$50--$100 month" tech fee out of my $45.
Now, THAT would be the road to profit delusion, not profit share.
Real estate magic?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm quite comfortable with my integrity, Tom. It is a personal attribute that would make me feel very very ashamed if I was repeatedly caught routinely spreading misinformation about another brand.

I don't see an "argument" in asking for clarification of misinformation. If the misinformation had the support of the misinformer with fact, it would no longer be MISinformation, would it? I don't see why I should have to disclose to clarify something that was not worth honestly investigating before splattering on the internet.

Regardless, here is some disclosure, to help on the path to righteousness and accuracy:
Since my average monthly bill is $45, I am still waiting to be informed how KW squeezes "$50--$100 month" tech fee out of my $45.
Now, THAT would be the road to profit delusion, not profit share.
Real estate magic?
Mike, what a crap load you just dumped. I used $50.00 instead of $45.00. I see your integrity over a minor technicality exactly the purpose of my original point. Keller Williams is clear to speak to 1/2 truths. It would not have made a difference whether I had said $40 or $44.99, because it wasn't $45.00 you would have told the world I was wrong. Integrity? If that is what you call integrity, I call it legalistic crap that results in selling the deal, not creating the agreement.

PS: For those who wonder what Mike is talking about. Keller Williams agents pay a monthly fee (he says $ 45.00 which I agree is right) for a basic transaction/lead technology system. There is also an option to get an improved or more capable technology system for what I understand is somewhere about $100.00 I won't post the number I have been given, which is why I didn't post the $45.00 because I didn't want to be wrong. I guess I was wrong because I wasn't perfect instead of approximate for the sake of this discussion.

Last edited by tomocox; 08-14-2012 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: add PS

Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Mike, what a crap load you just dumped. I used $50.00 instead of $45.00. I see your integrity over a minor technicality exactly the purpose of my original point. Keller Williams is clear to speak to 1/2 truths. It would not have made a difference whether I had said $40 or $44.99, because it wasn't $45.00 you would have told the world I was wrong. Integrity? If that is what you call integrity, I call it legalistic crap that results in selling the deal, not creating the agreement.
Tom,

The $45 includes E&O. I don't typically think of E&O as "Technology," and am surprised you would include it in the $50--$100 tech fee you claim I pay.
If $50=$45 or $35, what does $100 equal?
How confusing all this new math is!!!

I think there is a reason that the Realtor COE discourages recklessly making false claims about competitors or their businesses. I think disparaging the competition diminishes all of us. I don't think this link has anything new in it, but am glad to share it:
NAR: Real Estate Resources: 2008 Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice - ARCHIVED DOCUMENT

"Duties to REALTORS®

Article 15
REALTORS® shall not knowingly or recklessly make false or misleading statements about competitors, their businesses, or their business practices. (Amended 1/92)

Standard of Practice 15-1
  • REALTORS® shall not knowingly or recklessly file false or unfounded ethics complaints. (Adopted 1/00)
Standard of Practice 15-2
  • The obligation to refrain from making false or misleading statements about competitors’ businesses and competitors’ business practices includes the duty to not knowingly or recklessly repeat, retransmit, or republish false or misleading statements made by others. This duty applies whether false or misleading statements are repeated in person, in writing, by technological means (e.g., the Internet), or by any other means. (Adopted 1/07)"

Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 AM

Mike, you are living proof of deception. I made a straight-forward provable claim about a deceptive remark by your brand. I explained why it was deceptive and how it is in appropriate.

You questioned my point by going completely off the issue. Then you would not answer a simple straight forward question, and now you blame me for failure to comply with NAR Code of Ethics because I used a rounded number rather than an exact number.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe the $45.00 figure covers E&O in Kentucky. If indeed I am mistaken, I will certainly correct my error, but once again, no one has ever suggested that it does here.

Again, one statement that is earlier in this thread was the acknowledgement that each franchise of most every brand operates as an "independently owned and operated," so based on that, I cannot possibly assume that what you have specifically is what every KW franchisee offers; therefore, speaking in general terms is not only acceptable but necessary.

Man, if that is how you sell homes...

One thing about me that you don't seem to acknowledge, I work very very hard to speak only from facts. Occasionally, I acknowledge the information I have is not correct. I assure you that I never assume without stipulating that it is such, but use information provided. If, and my history on this forum can easily be proved, I am mistaken, I immediately issue a correction and have conceeded the debate.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 AM

Misleading and disparaging on a national forum via "general terms" is nearly a textbook definition of "reckless."

I still think it best to discuss ones' own business model's features rather than to mislead regarding others.

When I sell houses, $50=$50 and $100=$100.

Where I am, eEdge and My Transactions, 2 websites, and 2 IDXs are included in the $35 monthly, available to all KW associates.
Associates can make a decision to add more eEdge marketing features for more money, but CRM in basic eEdge suits a LOT of people just fine.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,833,863 times
Come on guys .... back to OP. It would be nice to hear what decision he made.

In our large North TX market there are good and bad individual RM, KW, CB, ER, EH offices and much of it is determined by the strength of the Office Manager and the quality of agents they attract. I have my preferences but meet and have dealt with many good people from all the offices.

One model may be best for an individual, they just need to find that match.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Come on guys .... back to OP. It would be nice to hear what decision he made.

In our large North TX market there are good and bad individual RM, KW, CB, ER, EH offices and much of it is determined by the strength of the Office Manager and the quality of agents they attract. I have my preferences but meet and have dealt with many good people from all the offices.

One model may be best for an individual, they just need to find that match.

Agreed.
I am curious too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals