Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Some of it sounds like kids' pranks...like locking the bathroom doors. Are teenagers getting in there at night? Is it a hangout or are there parties at night? Kids who get hot at a party wouldn't lower the temperature. They'd just throw open the windows with no thought to your heat being on.
Good post. It it is hard to imagine all those things are just random people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 03:23 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Good post. It it is hard to imagine all those things are just random people.

I've seen things like this before. And thoughtless, silly people, even adults. And they don't think about adjusting the temperature when it's quicker to open all the windows. And then why bother closing them. And drink glass stains all over. Mud from shoes and boots.

Oregonwoodsmoke, does your realtor not have the lockbox system where entry codes are recorded? That way you'll know the agent that matches that code. Note repitions any time because even during the day someone could leave a door unlocked for nighttime entry. Also note nighttime visits, although the lockbox entries usually cut off at 10 pm or so. Someone could be entering before that and staying a while.

Also, check the window sills and inside and outside walls and countertops near windows for shoe and hand prints. This could happen in the basement, first floor, and surprisingly even the second floors. Do a little detective work.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
Forgetting to lock a door or close a gate, that's understandable, but careless.

But actually ripping window blinds, leaving windows wide open?? That's not at all normal! I sold my house after I moved out -- it was on a lock box, and the worst problem I had was someone not wiping their feet and leaving dusty footprints in my kitchen. Big deal.

Get either a real or fake security camera and point it at your front door. Get more if necessary.

BTW -- how long were those windows left open? That's a big bill!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
I would be livid. I would bill these companies. There must be a way to know which company showed your home. Barring that, I'd quit w/ the multiple sales people, obviously they are too careless to have access to your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals