Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:50 AM

335 posts, read 670,297 times

Advertisements

Pardon the Type Oh. I meant to type

Thinking Of going to RE School -------- On the left coast and its late and i am a bit tired.

I have loads of questions and i have been reading the previous threads.

What do you suggest I start doing while I prepare and also attend RE School?

Before I start school, do you suggest i call around for a intern/apprentice position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 05:00 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
If you are serious about making real estate a career, then do some career planning. Are you emotionally bent to be told "NO" one hundred times for every "maybe" you get? Are you financially stable? Can you deal with others, go home and laugh?

This business is not for the faint of heart. It's not an order-taking job.

Get to know as much about the business as possible.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
If you are serious about making real estate a career, then do some career planning. Are you emotionally bent to be told "NO" one hundred times for every "maybe" you get? Are you financially stable? Can you deal with others, go home and laugh?

This business is not for the faint of heart. It's not an order-taking job.

Get to know as much about the business as possible.
Thanks, I have worked in sales all of my career life so use to the NO's more than the yes's . I am financially stable and have a side income to keep me afloat. I deal with people in business very well. I don't allow them to get under my skin. When I am dealing with a annoying person I make sure I take control of the situation. I end by having Oysters Rockefeller and some Drinks and laugh to the bank with their money .

Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Then, you should be off to a good start. Feel free to PM me for any specifics.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,430,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
laugh to the bank with their money .
You might want to start working on your online forum behavior before you head out into the real estate world. This comment doesn't speak well for your values and dedication to customer service.

Otherwise, your previous experience would likely serve you well in this industry.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Yes I agree. While there are some really trying clients, I would never use the phrase "laugh to the bank with their money". However, they don't tend to be on my ongoing client list.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You might want to start working on your online forum behavior before you head out into the real estate world. This comment doesn't speak well for your values and dedication to customer service.

Otherwise, your previous experience would likely serve you well in this industry.
Really? I thought a sense of humor was part of the job. lol....... I see a lot worse on Million Dollar NYC and LA and they are top brokers ........

Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
Really? I thought a sense of humor was part of the job. lol....... I see a lot worse on Million Dollar NYC and LA and they are top brokers ........
They're TV shows.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
You should contact various brokers in your desired area and setup meetings. When you schedule your exam, you will get bombarded by brokers. Be picky and ask questions! It's not hard retaining clients if you are prompt and friendly. Getting clients is the difficult part when you start out. You need to build relationships with mortgage loan originators, other agents and of course people. Tell your friends, your family, ask them to tell their friends and family. Handout your business card everywhere you go, drycleaners, salon, etc. Get involved in the community and neighborhood.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They're TV shows.
yes but they are REAL reality shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals