Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:44 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times

Advertisements

Doctoring property photos has landed a New York agent in hot water, according to the New York Post. - See more at: ‘Million Dollar Listing New York’ agent being investigated for doctoring photos | Inman News

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/06/...g-home-images/
This Keller Williams agent was giving probation by his office for doctoring the pictures.
He was foolish to take out the real pictures and instead put on the MLS pictures of how it can look and other agents and clients came out to see a nice Town Home but the reality was not near what was shown on the MLS and clearly a violation of MLS rules and regulations. Not very ethical and plain stupid.

If he would have shown it on his own website as current and how it can look, than people may have been amazed about the nice looking pictures instead of being disgusted by the fraud of being misled.

I believe the reason for the investigation might also having to do with his remarks that he and his brother used to make false ID's when they were younger....I guess some people like to brag!

http://www.kwnyc.com/luisdortiz

The first sentences are too funny...."who truly understands...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 AM

32,523 posts, read 47,566,435 times
I really don't see the point of doctored photos. Buyers are going to see what the house looks like and if it was misrepresented, they are going to move on to the next property.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:02 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,018,222 times
This idiot was stupid enough to do this on a TV show.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:58 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,878,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I really don't see the point of doctored photos. Buyers are going to see what the house looks like and if it was misrepresented, they are going to move on to the next property.
it would likely have been a none issue if, somewhere on the picture, it noted it was a rendering..

I imagine in that market, you have clients that are short for time, so if they arrange to make their way across town and up into a building, only to find out that it is misrepresented in the pictures.. I'd be pissed too.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:17 PM

758 posts, read 849,300 times
I can't believe that no one is really surprised or ticked off that this "agent" got away with this for so long. MLS has its rules and regulations...what about ethics and integrity. Two commodities that, once lost, cannot be retrieved. That is no different than saying a 3 bedroom home has 4 bedrooms, "if you count the porch".....or that it has 3 bathrooms "if you count the toilet in the basement"....fraud is fraud by any other name. If he worked in my office, he would be gone and I suspect that his license would be suspended as well.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,878,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
I can't believe that no one is really surprised or ticked off that this "agent" got away with this for so long. MLS has its rules and regulations...what about ethics and integrity. Two commodities that, once lost, cannot be retrieved. That is no different than saying a 3 bedroom home has 4 bedrooms, "if you count the porch".....or that it has 3 bathrooms "if you count the toilet in the basement"....fraud is fraud by any other name. If he worked in my office, he would be gone and I suspect that his license would be suspended as well.
I dont think they have MLS in NYC, but regardless, you are right..

I have seen numerous listings in my service area with 'shopped photos, but they clearly state that its a rendering.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,389,466 times
Wink well...

this punk should make for increased ratings if nothing else. Didn't like him the first time I watched
him. He's connected to money somewhere and that's all he's got.
Koale

Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,992,459 times
It might help him. More sellers may say I want this guy in my corner.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:31 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times
The Guy was so stupid and dumb the way he did it.

If he was smart about it then he would have put the original pictures on the listing and next to them the pictures of how it could be...but he was misrepresenting the property and brokers and buyers showde up and were under the impression that the property was with the doctored pics.

This is unethical and should be punished.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,141,405 times
Listing agents in my coastal town routinely post photos of ocean views that required hanging off a side facing balcony and shooting with a telephoto to eliminate the buildings on either side of the tiny glimpse of ocean. The listing photos show nothing but beach and ocean when in fact that is a sliver of the entire view. Not photoshopped but done with the intent to deceive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals