Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 PM

743 posts, read 2,236,994 times

Advertisements

This new contract is confusing to me and am not getting sound advice from realtor. I have a buyer for my home offer ratified June 14 with DD period ending July 12 and closing July 19. Week after offer they want to move closing to July 17. At this point inspection has been rescheduled TWICE no appraisal ordered and no closing date set officially. Two weeks in still no inspection and now if 3 weeks before closing. They again ask to reschedule inspection and now move closing to july25. As of today which is now 3 weeks after offer I am sitting with a seller who is just starting their mortgage app no inspection no appraisal no closing date set and dd period is up in 2 weeks. Should I be a bit concerned? I of course put an offer on another house contingent of course on this settling this past Sunday and my mortgage is now in underwriting inspection set for next week appraisal next week and closing set for July 26 at 10 am in raleigh. What is the deal with these buyers of mine and their agent. I feel like they are playing games just to tie up my house from selling to someone else. Note I had 3 showings scheduled after we ratified this lame contract and all 3 cancelled none since. Also this buyers contract had NO contingencies how can they delay closing if there are no contingencies any advice would be helpful
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 16 days ago)

43,161 posts, read 76,761,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
This new contract is confusing to me and am not getting sound advice from realtor. I have a buyer for my home offer ratified June 14 with DD period ending July 12 and closing July 19. Week after offer they want to move closing to July 17. At this point inspection has been rescheduled TWICE no appraisal ordered and no closing date set officially. Two weeks in still no inspection and now if 3 weeks before closing. They again ask to reschedule inspection and now move closing to july25. As of today which is now 3 weeks after offer I am sitting with a seller who is just starting their mortgage app no inspection no appraisal no closing date set and dd period is up in 2 weeks. Should I be a bit concerned? I of course put an offer on another house contingent of course on this settling this past Sunday and my mortgage is now in underwriting inspection set for next week appraisal next week and closing set for July 26 at 10 am in raleigh. What is the deal with these buyers of mine and their agent. I feel like they are playing games just to tie up my house from selling to someone else. Note I had 3 showings scheduled after we ratified this lame contract and all 3 cancelled none since. Also this buyers contract had NO contingencies how can they delay closing if there are no contingencies any advice would be helpful
These are all negotiable points, but you have an agent right there, instead of probing anonymous input on a national forum that will yield you a lot of BS from out of state folks who don't have a clue what you are saying.

In a nutshell:
If you don't trust or have faith in your agent, talk to the Broker-In-Charge of the firm.
If you don't feel better with the plan after talking to the BIC, talk to a real estate attorney about the contract and your options.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,257,796 times
And if you wouldn't mind in future posts, try using paragraphs or a comma every now and then. I've read your post 3 times and I'm still unsure about several key items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals