Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
What can I say...the guy got the house sold and got them up 10k GBP on the offer. He made it happen and did a very good job...and should be rewarded with more business. What was so surprising is that he was a kid...maybe 25, 26 years old. I think he's got a great future ahead of him.
Skill has nothing to do with age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Skill has nothing to do with age.
I disagree. Raw talent has nothing to do with age, but the kind of skills that make a good realtor are something that you don't often see in someone that age.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:03 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I gave my realtor what he REALLY wants...more business in the form of LOADS of recommendations to other people to use him over all other realtors. I passed out his cards at work and to my neighbors after he sold my house, and he got four new listings based on my recommendations.

YES YES YES YES!!!! More clients like you! This is the best thing you can do for your realtor.

And the only other thing that really touches me would be a quick "doing/did a great job" letter. Nothing of monetary value can top that feeling.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,652 times
The thought of a gas card is a great one, but, in all truth, the gas I use is a part of my doing business.

The only thing I would appreciate my clients doing is letting their friends, neighbors, etc. know that I've done a good job for them, met their individual needs and treated them fairly and with respect. My clients get a fair days work for a fair days pay, so the old saying goes. I want to know that all of my clients would have no issue in inviting me over for dinner, or a drink, after the sale. I am the one who is here before, during and after the sale. I stay in touch and keep my client informed of what's happening in our market, as well as what's going on it town, in general.

Word of mouth advertising is the best advertising one can EVER receive. A letter of recommendation does not hurt either. ..

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
YES YES YES YES!!!! More clients like you! This is the best thing you can do for your realtor.

And the only other thing that really touches me would be a quick "doing/did a great job" letter. Nothing of monetary value can top that feeling.
I was too busy and rushed around closing to send a letter, I sort of wish I had...but I did thank him profusely over the phone.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,149 times
The things you have mentioned doing are wonderful. A gas card is good too. I'm sure you are already recommending him since you really like him. The gesture of doing the letter and small gift are going to lift his spirits beyond. Wonderful!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
Referrals!

Sort of like giving a man a fish and he's not hungry for a day, teach him to fish and he never goes hungry again.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM

1,320 posts, read 4,274,710 times
Referrals and a testimonial. Even the most satisfied clients rarely send a testimonial but they are greatly appreciated. Most agents have web sites and testimonials are very helpful because when someone is looking for an agent they want to hear about the experiences others have had. I'd probably wait on the testimonial until the house has actually sold because "my agent did a great job and sold my house" sounds much better than "my agent has been doing a great job for the past x months but my house hasn't sold yet".

Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM

631 posts, read 2,445,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Referrals and a testimonial.
I agree! A written testimonial with permission to use it.

I don't remember ever getting a gift from a seller, but I get them from buyers quite often. Now one seller sold his house himself just ONE hour away from me writing a verbally accepted offer. He felt so bad, he bought me a bunch of gift certificates to my favorite local cafe. I really enjoyed that!

Yesterday some shoppers gave me $60.00 in gas/ cash. Normally I would never have accepted that, but it was $100. in gas / getting on the road at 5am to meet them, 2 days with them and they were shopping all over. I'll have to admit it was much appreciated, especially the sentiment behind it. They appreciated my time and effort.

Other gifts from shoppers/buyers were: pure maple syrup from Ma. Fresh squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice from Fl. sent in a huge box all iced down. There was enough for the whole office. It was Yummy! Will never forget that one! Gift certificates to shop online, cards, and a sight unseen buyer sent me a very nice card with a necklace attached thanking me for picking her out the perfect lot. She came to see what she bought and just loved it. I love my buyers, wished my sellers were as appreciative. Some sellers I have hundreds invested in trying to sell their land and hours of road miles, and hiking all over their lots to show them. A lot consist of 140 acres or less, snakes, yesterday a wolf, lions, bears, cactus and rock cliffs! They are clueless what I've been doing on their behalf.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM

56 posts, read 290,748 times
Default Recommendations!

The best acknowledgement of a job well done is customer satisfaction. What better a gift than your confidence to recommend this agent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals