Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 PM

33 posts, read 114,547 times

Advertisements

Is Subdivision Information or Resale Certificate important when one is purchasing a single family home which has HOA? What critical information does it have? Does Title company request the HOA to provide any pending dues from the existing owner (seller) ?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
You should get a complete copy of all HOA documents at closing. The title company will sort out dues to date of closing. I don't know what a resale certificate is, sorry.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM

3,608 posts, read 7,922,824 times
You should not buy in an HOA before you read, understand, and accept the restrictions and rules.

You should also be satisfied with the financial condition of the HOA.

These documents may not be required in your state. If not it's up to you to insist on them.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mask438 View Post
Is Subdivision Information or Resale Certificate important when one is purchasing a single family home which has HOA? What critical information does it have? Does Title company request the HOA to provide any pending dues from the existing owner (seller) ?

Thanks in advance
Whenever posting in the real estate forum, it's a good idea to mention your location. Your profile states you're in NY is that correct?

Real estate practices in NY are somewhat similar to MA and here in MA when selling a condo or SFH in a HOA you must provide a 6D certificate at closing. I imagine the 6D is similar to a resale certificate. Basically, it just says what HOA/condo fees are outstanding at that time. Most 6D's are "clean" at closing but it is possible to close in MA with a 6D that shows a balance.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM

33 posts, read 114,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Whenever posting in the real estate forum, it's a good idea to mention your location. Your profile states you're in NY is that correct?

Real estate practices in NY are somewhat similar to MA and here in MA when selling a condo or SFH in a HOA you must provide a 6D certificate at closing. I imagine the 6D is similar to a resale certificate. Basically, it just says what HOA/condo fees are outstanding at that time. Most 6D's are "clean" at closing but it is possible to close in MA with a 6D that shows a balance.
Agreed, I should have mentioned the location... I am in Houston TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals