U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,279 times

Advertisements

I am looking for advice from a recent real estate sale I made.
1) Several years ago I was approached by my brother in law who happens to be a Realtor, to buy an investment property in his home town. I live out of this State. I was told that if I cleaned up the property I could triple my investment. This was told to me by my Realtor. "Brother in-law" So I purchased the property.
2) It just so happened that this was a old run down out of service gas station on Montana Hwy 287, a major route to Glacier National Park. I took two years of testing by an engineering company for the State of Montana to issue a certificate of no contamination. My investment price doubled. I removed the old station and re listed the property with same Realtor.
3) After one year with no interest. "So says my Realtor" I asked what to do? I was told the price was to high. So I lowered the price.
4) After two years and no interest I again asked what are you doing to market and sell. Answer, lots, I have advertised and sent letters out to possible investors. But the price is just to high.
5) So from the advice of my Realtor I priced the property at less than my total investment.
6) The next day I got an offer from a previous customer of my Realtor from out of state. I was advised to accept the offer as this is the only offer I had received in two years.
7) Less than two weeks after I closed I learned that my Realtor "Brother in law" Purchased the property back from his out of state client at only a 2 thousand dollar increase. He is now building a Realities Office.

My question is regardless of my disappointment in his morals can a Realtor practice in this manner?

Remember this is Montana State and I do not have a clue of their statues.
Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

NOT SO LUCKY
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM

14,026 posts, read 32,955,763 times
You should file a complaint with the state of Montana real estate licensing agency.

And you should talk to an attorney.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM

33,650 posts, read 58,429,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You should file a complaint with the state of Montana real estate licensing agency.

And you should talk to an attorney.

And you should expect a chilly Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gift exchange....

Good advice from Silverfall.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 AM

9,232 posts, read 19,190,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I second that!!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 AM

14,026 posts, read 32,955,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And you should expect a chilly Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gift exchange....

Yes. Might see some of these under the tree..

Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 AM

81 posts, read 154,324 times
My opinion

Two (2) of the most fair and helpful posters in this RE Forum just gave you the same Advice

Then it got seconded...that's right "Seconded"

I...one of the most unfair and unhelpful posters in this RE Forum is giving you the same Advice

Conclusion...

1. Best get to filling out that complaint form and get to talkin to an Attorney

2. Best get to doin #1 before someone using their Lizard Brain talks you into thinking #1 is a waste of time and you should just go order a Pizza

Last edited by dunespeak; 07-13-2013 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: Just felt like it

Old 07-13-2013, 11:59 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,689,092 times
Wow, he told you that you could triple your investment ?

That's the 1st sign the guy is dishonest or very stupid.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:37 PM

5,336 posts, read 8,194,625 times
LOL...ditto on all the above.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM

9,232 posts, read 19,190,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunespeak View Post
My opinion

Two (2) of the most fair and helpful posters in this RE Forum just gave you the same Advice

Then it got seconded...that's right "Seconded"

Yes, I seconded it! I seconded that it was good advice from Silverfall!

Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM

81 posts, read 154,324 times
Yikes!!!

Apologies cause I absolutely meant it was a good thing..that the "Seconded" "was that it was good advice from Silverfall!"

Looks like I'm the one who needs
Again....apologies I did not make my intended message more clear

Last edited by dunespeak; 07-13-2013 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Added another piece of tape to my mouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals