Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 AM

145 posts, read 361,497 times

Advertisements

Maybe the clock on my screen is messed up, but it shows that you made your original query at 1:36 AM. Then at 6:17 AM, not even quite 5 hours later, you wrote:
hello anyone???? You all drive don't you ???

LOL. We also sleep some
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,431,255 times
I have a medium sized sedan. If I lived in the Lake Tahoe area, weather in the winter can be worse than in NY area where I live. I have a new car since November, and I've maybe put 4 clients in the car with me. I either meet at the office and take separate cars, or after I know them, meet at the first property of the day and have them follow me. If it's gonna be bad weather, clients won't be wanting to go out viewing or have you come to their property to discuss selling it. The car would get better gas mileage, but if you go for the SUV route, I won't go for anything too large for the cost of gas, perhaps a smaller Mazda crossover (CX7), Ford Escape or Chevy Equinox.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:32 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
I caravan with my clients and have had a client in my vehicle maybe three times in the past few years. Clients with small children are going to want to take their car because the car seat is already installed in it. Some clients like to discuss the house we've just seen privately between themselves on the way to the next one, and I respect that. Between the initial meeting to educate them on real estate, and lunches while we're out, there's plenty of time to talk (and bonding over food is a lot more fun for everyone than doing so while driving down the road, in my experience!).

However, if in your son's market clients habitually ride with the agent, I'd go for a four-door sedan.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Coupkle of thoughts.

First, don't be buying junior a car! WTH? Junior can fly on his own, or not.

Second, I would guess that realtors write off their cars. Let junior buy his own, and write it off.

Third....what sort of sales is junior doing? The vehicle should in some respects reflect the clientele that he will dragging around. Mercedes/BMW for a new agent carrying mere mortals? That rings to me like the agent doesn't understand reality. Chevy pickup to show snotty high enders? Probably not a good fit either. Tahoe? Modest 4WD (Ford?) SUV with modest accoutrements. Tasteful; not ostentatious. Affordable. Easy to repair. Maybe even a lease, or is that too many miles to make the economics work?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson City View Post
Which is better Car Or SUV to drive clients around?

My son will be working with Chase RE Lake Tahoe, Nevada & I want to reward him with a new car or SUV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson City View Post
hello anyone???? You all drive don't you ???
Hello, your first post was at 1 am and your second at 6 am, most people that work in real estate do so between 9 am and 9 pm at the latest in most cases. If you go with west coast time it was between 10 pm and 3 am.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
I had a pick up with a couple of milk crates in the bed. When we were done I would just have them tuck and roll so I wouldn't have to come to a complete stop to let them out.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,655,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
First, don't be buying junior a car! WTH? Junior can fly on his own, or not
I agree. But I've learned you cant argue with helicopter parents.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:05 AM

67 posts, read 199,465 times
Thank you to the posters who provided outstanding advise

Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
So much of the advice is dependent on where you are located and the type of client you work with.

Being in a big city I need clients to ride with me so we can discuss the thousands of options and get them educated on local housing.
I also get to know them personally which goes a long way on building future business.

I can see where in the country, following is OK.

When a family has kids in booster seats they usually do want to just follow. I'm good with that.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Near Lake Tahoe you need a 4WD or AWD vehicle. Period. I have a big SUV and LOVE it, but I decided to buy a sedan after I had a few clients in a row with knee or hip issues that had difficulty getting into my car. So a crossover like a Murano would probably work best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals