Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,310 times

Advertisements

Hello there, this is my first thread so please bear with me....

I am in the wonderful process of broker home shopping but the first stop on my glorious trek down the yellow brick road is to visit a guy who I pretty much want to be when I "grow" up.

I am unsure if I am allowed to put a link to his site here, but anywho, I wanted to pick his brain before I start broker hopping to find the glorious team of folks I will be working with for the next X amount of years.

He is an amazing exclusive buyers agent, which is pretty much the route I want to go into eventually. I love working with buyers, the pickier the better, I have the patience of an oyster creating a perfect pearl.

I am looking for suggestions on what to ask this wonderkin?

So far this is what I got, and please there are plenty of awesome agents here too (#ivebeenlurking) so feel free to answer the questions as well as offer other ones I should ask.

*I know you work with REMAX, why do you like working for them/did you start out working with them/and why do you continue when you are so awesome and could become a broker and go independent?
*How do you think REMAX's decision to go public is going to change your business?
*Did you start out as a buyer's agent?
*Where do the bulk of your leads come from now? Where did they come from when you first started?
*How important is it to be a REALTOR? To be CBR/ABR/NAEBA?
*What is the most difficult part of your job and what ways do you overcome this?
*What are the top 5 things I can do my first year to ensure my long term success in this business? 5 more?
*Why do/don't you feel REMAX is a great place for a NEW agent?
*What are 3 things that you do everyday to ensure your success?
*What are the best ways I can gain clients in my first year?

Thanks so much for your time everyone, and please be honest-if something sounds stupid or redundant just say so. I have thick skin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 05:35 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Tom, what's taking so long?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
"Can I buy you lunch/coffee/a beer one day and get some input on my first steps?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemecouture View Post
Hello there, this is my first thread so please bear with me....

I am in the wonderful process of broker home shopping but the first stop on my glorious trek down the yellow brick road is to visit a guy who I pretty much want to be when I "grow" up.

I am unsure if I am allowed to put a link to his site here, but anywho, I wanted to pick his brain before I start broker hopping to find the glorious team of folks I will be working with for the next X amount of years.

He is an amazing exclusive buyers agent, which is pretty much the route I want to go into eventually. I love working with buyers, the pickier the better, I have the patience of an oyster creating a perfect pearl.

I am looking for suggestions on what to ask this wonderkin?

So far this is what I got, and please there are plenty of awesome agents here too (#ivebeenlurking) so feel free to answer the questions as well as offer other ones I should ask.

*I know you work with REMAX, why do you like working for them/did you start out working with them/and why do you continue when you are so awesome and could become a broker and go independent?
*How do you think REMAX's decision to go public is going to change your business?
*Did you start out as a buyer's agent?
*Where do the bulk of your leads come from now? Where did they come from when you first started?
*How important is it to be a REALTOR? To be CBR/ABR/NAEBA?
*What is the most difficult part of your job and what ways do you overcome this?
*What are the top 5 things I can do my first year to ensure my long term success in this business? 5 more?
*Why do/don't you feel REMAX is a great place for a NEW agent?
*What are 3 things that you do everyday to ensure your success?
*What are the best ways I can gain clients in my first year?

Thanks so much for your time everyone, and please be honest-if something sounds stupid or redundant just say so. I have thick skin

Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 9,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Can I buy you lunch/coffee/a beer one day and get some input on my first steps?"
That was exactly my first question, he told me I didn't have to do that to just meet him at his office. Our meeting is Monday at 11:00am. Still going to bring a coffee though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals