Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times

Advertisements

Our Triangle MLS just announced that they will transition to Paragon LPS MLS this year.
Paragon

I'm pretty excited because it seems that CoreLogic just cannot provide a good user experience.

I was wondering who amongst us has experience with Paragon and how you would rate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
We have used Paragon since the MLS went live on the internet.

I think the user interface is kind of clunky but I'm not sure who controls what. I think a good chunk of that is my MLS's fault. They put loads of stuff on the main page so that it is really cluttered.

They do a lot of maintenance but only once did they have to shut down for 24 hours. They recently moved servers so we lost it all day on a Friday. Usually it is midnight to 4am kind of stuff.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
We have used Paragon since the MLS went live on the internet.

I think the user interface is kind of clunky but I'm not sure who controls what. I think a good chunk of that is my MLS's fault. They put loads of stuff on the main page so that it is really cluttered.

They do a lot of maintenance but only once did they have to shut down for 24 hours. They recently moved servers so we lost it all day on a Friday. Usually it is midnight to 4am kind of stuff.

Do you have a consumer portal to MLS?
Would you shoot me a few listings from MLS so I can see how the reports present?

We are 6 weeks away from seeing it and 7 months to running it in beta.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:39 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do you have a consumer portal to MLS?
Would you shoot me a few listings from MLS so I can see how the reports present?

We are 6 weeks away from seeing it and 7 months to running it in beta.
PM me your email and I will set you up as a client so you can get reports and such. There are a bazillion kind of reports you can run. There is a consumer portal and they can "like, dislike or maybe" houses. I'll set that up for you.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
I am a member of the Heart of Kentucky Association of Realtors (HKAR) which uses Paragon It is a secondary MLS for me, and as a non-producing broker, I don't get too much use, but what I have found is mostly good. Like every machine it is not perfect, but you might go to Realtors Elizabethtown KY Homes Real Estate Agents and call some members who use it every day.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:47 AM

181 posts, read 409,352 times
I use it but since I have never used anything else, hard to say how good/bad it is compared to the others. No real complaints though.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
We are getting ready to transition over to Paragon in June.....I cannot WAIT!

We are currently Solid Earth, they are based here in HSV and we were their first MLS. They have "Spring" coming out but Paragon was just so much more impressive.

Our current system is ANTIQUATED compared to what I have seen with Paragon.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
I just found out that my local Realtor Association is "considering" moving to Paragon from Innovia. Given that the members of this local association have a record of ending up 50/50 for and against any changes (You should have seen the lockbox "controversy") I'm not too excited yet.

I also found it interesting that being an MLS member and not an association member, they wont let me vote on the change. LOL Yet another reason not to belong.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM

I get to see Paragon unveiled on Thursday in a TMLS Tech Fair.
Building my list of questions.
But TMLS/Corelogic just crapped out on me, again, and I lost 20 minutes of specific search work, so I am one open-minded sonofagun regarding embracing change.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
The thing to me that is most exciting about Paragon is how well it works across multiple devices.....Macs, iPad, smartphones, etc. When we were researching it had the highest ratings in this regard.

Our current MLS is not IOS friendly at all so I'm really excited to be able to have a system that works well with my iPad/iPhone. That's one of the biggest pains with Solid Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals