Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:08 PM

226 posts, read 1,168,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Hey! I tried.
Even complimented your site.

What was it that drew you to real estate in the first place?
Are you bored with that?

What do you think has cause your malaise?
Has the market slowed where you are?

I suggest you get knee-deep into your contacts, and go for it.

I suggest you block out all the sophomoric chat room blather here, and focus on YOU, and what YOU need to accomplish.

I suggest you...
SMILE! It increases your face value!
I would suggest you find agents in real-life situations for advice....on the net, whether someone negative or positive, they can't truly help you in such a limited mode of conversation as posts. Sad, but it is probably far easier to get someone to type a few lines on here than it is for someone to sit down with you agent to agent, per an older mentor or such. Seriously, see if you can find a few agents in your area, and get together regularly over coffee or drinks to shoot ideas back and forth. Or invite a mentor to lunch and get a good chat out of him/her.......anything but the anonymity and convoluted communication on posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well, I just flagged this whole train wreck.
The OP deserves better than this mess.
Well, I do deserve quite a lot, I'm pretty awesome

I have been working hard on getting back to basics, I do love doing my blog, and I know that will pay off eventually. I'm not looking forward to going back to calling expireds, but I know it helps.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:15 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post

I have been working hard on getting back to basics, I do love doing my blog, and I know that will pay off eventually. I'm not looking forward to going back to calling expireds, but I know it helps.
She SHOOOOTS .....AND SCOOOOORES!!!!!!!!!

Now you're cooking with gas!

Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:

I still recommend real-life mentors........try asking one of the Tucker agents how things are going...I hear they are pretty friendly folk....

Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 PM

371 posts, read 2,029,215 times
Our realtor that sold us a house back in August of this year still keeps in touch and is very nice about it. He's not pushy, but more like a friend calling to catch up and even meets with us. You know what? I have referred 3 people to him on this board that were relocating to this area and wouldn't hesitate to refer family to him either. He is definitely marketing, but who cares. I like him and I like his methods. My husband thinks he is a really great guy to. I know he calls when things are slow, but I never once thought he was trying to get my business. He already has my referrals without this. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates1234 View Post
I still recommend real-life mentors........try asking one of the Tucker agents how things are going...I hear they are pretty friendly folk....
Hm, Tucker? Ugh. Just kidding, mostly. LOL. Of course you had to mention my company's biggest competitor, didn't you? I know a lot of agents in all the companies in the area, and I would have to say that most of them are friendly folk.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Hm, Tucker? Ugh. Just kidding, mostly. LOL. Of course you had to mention my company's biggest competitor, didn't you? I know a lot of agents in all the companies in the area, and I would have to say that most of them are friendly folk.
Are there Avon ladies in Avon? Just curious....

Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM

Socrates, where are you located??? I actually used to sell Avon, and when we moved here, my hubby flat out prohibited me from selling Avon in the town of Avon. I've been doing pretty good selling real estate instead though!

Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Socrates, where are you located??? I actually used to sell Avon, and when we moved here, my hubby flat out prohibited me from selling Avon in the town of Avon. I've been doing pretty good selling real estate instead though!
I'm originally from Chicago, but have lived all over. I'm now in Austin, Texas, and I lived in Carmel for a few years, which is how I know Indy. I really liked it. I see you got rid of Bart Peterson, and that Julia Carson just died. I saw her debating at Butler when she was last running for congresswomen, and she looked pretty sickly. I worked for C-21 Scheetz for a few years in Carmel. Thats how I know about Tucker(Talk to tucker) and all that stuff. I used to like driving down meridian, from 96th to DT. One of the great drives, especially when you saw all those classic mansions south of the Presb church. I was happy just hanging out in hamilton county though, which is where I spent most of my time selling RE and doing things. I always thought Carmel and Fishers were so fresh and beautiful looking, and the antique part of Zionsville, and the county courthouse in Noblesville were always impressive. Of course, it was fun to go see colts games on week-ends, and hang out a bit in broad ripple.........I have many great memories of Indy, prob one of the great cities that people don't talk enough about.
http://www.cnn.com/US/9804/30/bank.shooting.late/indiana.carmel.jpg (broken link)

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/1/19/180px-Noblesville-indiana-county-seat.jpg (broken link)
how beautiful Noblesville's courthouse is in the sun and shadows!

And how quaint Zionsville antique district is!

and, finally, lets not forget beautiful Fishers!

Last edited by socrates1234; 12-15-2007 at 03:02 PM..

Old 12-15-2007, 05:25 PM

When we moved here, our relocation package hooked us up with Nancy Mutchmore from C-21 Scheetz in Carmel. She was truly an inspiration to me. I have a lot of family in Chicagoland, and gew up in Highland, IN, right up there in NW IN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals