Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 03:36 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,321,180 times

Advertisements

How might I best research and identify the top 20% of Agents, and Agencies, in the State of Oregon, by production?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
How might I best research and identify the top 20% of Agents, and Agencies, in the State of Oregon, by production?
There are 5 MLS's in the state. You would have to find a member willing to violate the MLS rules and give you a printout of those numbers.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
There are 5 MLS's in the state. You would have to find a member willing to violate the MLS rules and give you a printout of those numbers.

In no way was I asking for anything underhanded. I don't have a single speck on my record throughout my entire career. MLO numbers are public information. I will continue to pursue ethical and legal means, such as I requested in this public forum.

Have a great weekend.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
In Atlanta, the Atlanta Business Chronicle publishes an annual list of the top producing area real estate companies. The Atlanta Board of Realtors publishes a list of the top producing agents. It's not a big secret around here. Perhaps there's something similar where you live? Check for local Realtor boards and write-ups of annual awards banquets, etc.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 PM

404 posts, read 897,949 times
Default trial balloon

Just trying to be helpful, too, ( I enjoy reading your knowledgeable posts), but there probably is no other valid technical method. And it would have to be done within each geographical MLS. However, some sharp agent that you know within an MLS system more than likely knows the name of every top agent, (in that locale), and would share names. Lunch?

On the other hand, most often the top producing agents are “LLLLLlllisting Agentsâ€, and they may not be the ones who could best refer buyers to a mortgage officer, if that is what you are seeking.

By agency, it’s just going to depend on the numbers.
18,473 agents, at Balloons-R-Us Realty office at 1 Main St., and yeah they’re a ‘productive’ agency.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
In no way was I asking for anything underhanded. I don't have a single speck on my record throughout my entire career. MLO numbers are public information. I will continue to pursue ethical and legal means, such as I requested in this public forum.

Have a great weekend.
I understand, but that is the only way to get that information. It is considered private information per MLS rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv28 View Post
Just trying to be helpful, too, ( I enjoy reading your knowledgeable posts), but there probably is no other valid technical method. And it would have to be done within each geographical MLS. However, some sharp agent that you know within an MLS system more than likely knows the name of every top agent, (in that locale), and would share names. Lunch?
If an agent knows the name of everyone in the top 20%, I highly doubt they are in the top 20%.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:34 PM

404 posts, read 897,949 times
Default Blonde helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
If an agent knows the name of everyone in the top 20%, I highly doubt they are in the top 20%.
I know, right?! It seems in this business, the less you know (and care) the more you make.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 PM

You people drive me insane. I wish I could delete this thread. Thanks, Internet.

[REDACTED]

Old 08-09-2014, 10:36 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
I'm not a realtor. But like others, I've learned a lot from your posts, and appreciate the time you spend here. So I gave your question a bit of thought.

At one point in my career, when I lived in Phoenix, I did marketing for a asset based lender (factoring). Certain industries were targets for this type of lending. Among other tools, I used the "Book of Lists" published by the Phoenix Business Journal for locating those businesses and their inside contacts (the internet was not as advanced as it is now).

Turns out, these books are still available, from BizJournals. Here's the table of contents from the 2013 Portland, OR edition (and yes, it includes residential realtors, as well as some other industries that might be good referral sources for you): Book of Lists - Portland Business Journal

This is the only other one offered for Oregon. It MAY be useful (but I didn't delve into them for specifics):

Book of Lists Online: Alerts: Cascade Business News (Central Oregon) Releases Excel Book of Lists via DataJoe Marketplace

Some libraries also have these books. And they used to come free with an annual subscription to the business journal.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Just call those MLS' and ask for a printout of agent volume sold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals