Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 02:42 PM

216 posts, read 258,333 times

Advertisements

After attempting to do real estate full-time for the past 1.5 years and am now almost broke because of it, I am looking into pursuing other career paths and having real estate be something I do on the side. What job options are popular for people who do real estate on the side?

I was thinking about getting a position as a leasing consultant for a large (high rise with hundreds of tenants) apartment building, since I would be interacting with so many people who presumably would be vacating to buy their own place. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 06:32 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
if you're going to make enough in a year at a high-rise apartment, then I'd say that would be an excellent avenue to gain future clients by serving their needs now and during their tenancy.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:46 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post
After attempting to do real estate full-time for the past 1.5 years and am now almost broke because of it, I am looking into pursuing other career paths and having real estate be something I do on the side. What job options are popular for people who do real estate on the side?

I was thinking about getting a position as a leasing consultant for a large (high rise with hundreds of tenants) apartment building, since I would be interacting with so many people who presumably would be vacating to buy their own place. Any other suggestions?
It's also a way to get fired, and possibly worse. But first, I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice, just information based on my experience.

Watch documents you sign, chances are the names of the tenants are the landlord's property, and, you will be asked to acknowledge that solicitation is not only against company policy, but using the landlord's data could be considered theft of intellectual property. Think about it, you would have access to every tenant's expiration date and now you are selling them a property and they are minus one tenant. I heard /read (it was ages ago) of someone that had their real estate license and acted as a hostess part-time for a builder. She contacted buyers that visited without a Realtor and was able to grab a couple. But when the builder rep followed up and found out the hostess was making the mostest, they brought suit. I'm willing to bet your broker would caution you and the BOR Ethics Committee would have issues, as well.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:07 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post

Maybe real estate isn't for you then and you shouldn't do it on the side. Why weren't you successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals