Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:53 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,303 times

Advertisements

I agree Jk. In reality the Realtors who came to view were really looking for me to give them the listing. If i was in their shoes I would do the same thing. At the end of the day a Realtor is a independant business person. If a deal doesn't close they don't get paid...I feel they do add value but in my case over 30k seems like a lot of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I would say you've had 2 showings, plus the Realtor who was interested in buying it himself. The realtor's who were previewing were not what I would call viewings, as they were not authentic buyers. They were lookee-loos.

I do hope you stay and keep us in the loop. Though I am an unabashed believer that few circumstances and even fewer sellers should ever do a FSBO, I'd sorta like to be proved wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 08:58 AM

Actually i have listing on Zillow and Craigs List. I tend to agree on the MLS avenue. One Real Estate company called "Keller Williams" has a unique business model where most of the Realtors oerate like a franchise. They have offered many options on Commission %. Last 2 offered a deal that the most i would pay is 3.5%. They split 2.5% to the buyer agent and they keep 1% as the seller Agent. Doubt I will be able to beat this and seems more in line then 1 who wanted 6.0%....
It seems like every day for the past week the Zestimate on Zillow has changed. Crazy.......
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
The biggest issue I see is that you are marketing on a single site. People have bought and sold without a broker and many brokers are in the business for their own investments and that will continue. At a minimum, I would suggest you pay for a listing on MLS for greater exposure across other marketing and social media websites. With the exit of ListHub syndication recently, not all homes display on Zillow. Several of my customers are using other websites.

If you Bing your street address, your ad shows up with Zillow in the first position. Subsequent links display only the public records which may or may not enhance selling. Similar results display on Google. People are influenced by these results whether or not they're accurate.

Edit to add: When I clicked your link just now, the Zestimate was $593,495. I, like many others, do not give any credence to these numbers other than for entertainment purposes.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,823,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Actually i have listing on Zillow and Craigs List. I tend to agree on the MLS avenue. One Real Estate company called "Keller Williams" has a unique business model where most of the Realtors oerate like a franchise. They have offered many options on Commission %. Last 2 offered a deal that the most i would pay is 3.5%. They split 2.5% to the buyer agent and they keep 1% as the seller Agent. Doubt I will be able to beat this and seems more in line then 1 who wanted 6.0%....
Do keep in mind: You get what you pay for.

Quote:
It seems like every day for the past week the Zestimate on Zillow has changed. Crazy.......
Thanks
Which represents, again, proof positive that Zestimates are meaningless. Another case of You get what you pay for.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:02 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Quote:
One Real Estate company called "Keller Williams" has a unique business model
KW is the largest real estate company in the USA.
They do not have a unique business model.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:16 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,823,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
And that biscman doesn't know that is additional proof that he doesn't know enough about real estate that he certainly should not be trying to do a FSBO.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 PM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
LOL
That should get the ball rolling....

Quote:
You'll never surf the Kool-Aid wave, Dave, with that attitude.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:20 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
A guy contacted me last month asking about selling his condo. I told him he could probably get more now than what he was asking last year when he had it listed on the MLS. He decided to give it a shot as a FSBO on Zillow before listing. Posted on Zillow April 14 as FSBO at my recommended price (more than his last asking on the MLS) and contracted on May 1 for full price.

Zillow is leaving a lot of bread on the table giving these listings away. I'm sure they have no plans to try to monetize the FSBOs. They wouldn't dare risk pissing off agents. Right? I'm fairly certain that there aren't many consumers who are commission averse and are willing to go FSBO on Zillow to save thousands. Right?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:35 AM

Wrong again Dave, when I had Realtors contact me from Caldwell Banker, Soothbys and Remax their bottom like is 5%. I brought up the Keller Williams model and they informed me they do not offer such a program.

Size of Firm really doesn't matter, actually the smaller private companies offer better or lower commission programs. Might be different in Denver.....

Quote:

Old 05-03-2015, 09:39 AM

What does this have to do with trying to sell my home? You guys crack me up. You act like your some type of Rocket Scientists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
And that biscman doesn't know that is additional proof that he doesn't know enough about real estate that he certainly should not be trying to do a FSBO.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:41 AM

This is turning into one of the most entertaining discussions I have been involved in. All started on asking a simple question about Zestimates on Zillow. Truly priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
LOL
That should get the ball rolling....

You'll never surf the Kool-Aid wave, Dave, with that attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals