Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:18 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,037,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by find5470 View Post
upfront cost of business etc.
it's the same anywhere.

as little as $0 + cold calls.

or $$$ for marketing mail.

upfront cost is mostly Time.
You really don't have to spend much.
But you have to spend SOME money to make money. <<< too many agents don't understand this concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks, do you know what the commission splits are ?

Any of them have a buy in health insurance program ?
call each office to find that out.
There is no set standard.
I did not see any health benefits when I was shopping offices.

Quote:
I'm also interested in my own branding, my own website, business cards, signs, phone number, email address etc. Which firm would best suit that ?
none. You do that on your own through 3rd parties.

godaddy, etc.

some websites provide website templates you can customize.

gotprint, etc

Old 09-23-2015, 05:28 PM

61 posts, read 210,487 times
Wasn't asking how to do that. I already have several sites. I was asking which of the firms would be ok with me doing that. I dont want the company website to be my only internet presence, and I don't expect people to go to the company site, find an office, then find an agent to find me.

I'd like the freedom to run my own operation and just hang license and run deals thru firm.

Any leads from the firm would be a bonus, but I expect to be doing almost everything on my own.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:07 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,632,072 times
Quote:
Wasn't asking how to do that. I already have several sites. I was asking which of the firms would be ok with me doing that. I dont want the company website to be my only internet presence, and I don't expect people to go to the company site, find an office, then find an agent to find me.

I'd like the freedom to run my own operation and just hang license and run deals thru firm.

Any leads from the firm would be a bonus, but I expect to be doing almost everything on my own.

KW encourages the entrepreneur initiative on branding yourself -- in fact, KW has commented that KW is like the Intel chip inside a computer -- everyone sees the glossy outside of the computer from Dell or HP, but the chip? The thing that actually makes it run? Most people don't have a clue -- but those in the know understand that the better and more powerful your chip is, the better the machine. It doesn't advertise it's own KW brand; instead, agents are encouraged to create their own brand. KW's training is also top notch, and has won national training awards.

However, having websites, etc. are all very nice, but you need to be willing to get up out of your chair and actually get face-to-face with people to be successful at this business -- and I'm not seeing that in this thread. You're asking a bunch of faceless strangers about insurance, commissions, etc. at different offices. These are the conversations you should be having face-to-face. We might comment on KW offices we are familiar with all ove the country -- but each office is different (just like for Re/Max, Coldwell Banker, etc., etc.) and until you talk to some of the agents THERE, talk to the broker and get your questons answered THERE, anything we tell you is basically worthless.

So, shoot off some emails and make an appointment with a few offices. Ask your questions. Call a few random agents from the offices and ask them questions.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Wasn't asking how to do that. I already have several sites. I was asking which of the firms would be ok with me doing that.

For sure any firm would be ok with that. You're an independent contractor.

You can use your own name.com, but california law states that you must put your license number and brokerage name on your materials.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 PM

61 posts, read 210,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

You can use your own name.com, but california law states that you must put your license number and brokerage name on your materials.
Thanks

Old 09-24-2015, 08:27 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,931,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

Texas is cracking down on advertising big time. Brokers name must be somewhere about 50% of the sign and not some little logo down in the corner that's hard to see.

There are many agents out there who will need to get new signs. I see this especially true with KW agents. Almost no Broker name on many of their signs.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:35 AM

10,912 posts, read 21,883,005 times
Quote:
Where is DFW ?

I hate the corporate structure more than you do, but I want to go from agent to broker as fast as possible, then go indie, and I need volume to do that.
Company isn't going to give you volume. You're going to give you volume. Go the company that offers you the best training. Forget splits and all the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals